Yarra Ranges Ulysses
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ULYSSES CLUB, YARRA RANGES BRANCH – CORONAVIRUS UPDATE 7: Presidents Message

Go down

ULYSSES CLUB, YARRA RANGES BRANCH – CORONAVIRUS UPDATE 7: Presidents Message Empty ULYSSES CLUB, YARRA RANGES BRANCH – CORONAVIRUS UPDATE 7: Presidents Message

Post by Steveg Sun May 03 2020, 11:57

ULYSSES CLUB, YARRA RANGES BRANCH – CORONAVIRUS UPDATE 7:
Government Data is promising and the “Curve” has flattened and continues to do so but we are not out of the woods as yet, there is still a lot of trees in front of us, and we could “bang” our heads on a few before this pandemic has finished so there is no need to hasten our steps. All good things come to those who wait, it will come, we must be patient. I would prefer to leave the safety of my home and venture into places secure in the knowledge, I can do so without harm to myself, my loved ones and/or others.

Singapore and Japan’s “curves” were showing downward trends of Infection and Death Rates so the two countries relaxed restrictions and allowed movement of their citizens, it appears somewhat prematurely, as infection rates dramatically spiked causing them to return to restrictions and longer lockdown time frames.

In Victoria nothing will happen till after the 11th of May however the hue and cry has begun to lift restrictions, open businesses and allow movement of people back into Public Places. We must be patient this will happen in good time. Relaxation of Restrictions will be assessed, evaluated but will be gradual and is dependent upon increases or decreases of infection rates.

The repercussions of Coronavirus will be with us for quite a while. Social Distancing will become normal behaviour and washing our hands will become second nature. International travel will be constrained as people will be reluctant to holiday overseas wondering whether authorities there have control of Infectious diseases, but this is not all bad. We live in the lucky country so touring in our beautiful country is well worth it.

There are a few things that I think all of us should never take for granted again those are our freedom and our ability to gather in an atmosphere of comradeship and friendship.

Missing you and hope to see you soon. Stay Safe.

Life Line – 13 11 14
Life Support (Counselling during the Coronavirus (COVID-19)) – 1300 735 030
Beyond Blue (Coronavirus Mental Wellbeing Support Service) – 1800 512 348
Steveg
Steveg
Admin

Back to top Go down