Yarra Ranges Ulysses
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yarra Ranges Branch Ulysses. Presidents message 15th April 2020 Coronavirus Situation Update

Go down

Yarra Ranges Branch Ulysses. Presidents message 15th April 2020 Coronavirus Situation Update  Empty Yarra Ranges Branch Ulysses. Presidents message 15th April 2020 Coronavirus Situation Update

Post by Steveg Wed Apr 15 2020, 12:59

ULYSSES CLUB, YARRA RANGES BRANCH – CORONAVIRUS UPDATE 5:
The Ulysses Club, Yarra Ranges Branch Committee had their monthly meeting on Tuesday the 14th of April 2020. It is Business as usual or at least the best we can at this time. Yes, we did comply with Social Distancing practices and Gathering restrictions, we met via Video / Teleconference link.

Last month the Victoria Government declared a State of Emergency to slow the spread of Coronavirus, that State of Emergency has been extended for another 4 weeks to the 11th of May. Statistics released by the Government is showing a slowing of infection rates and therefore a flattening of the “curve” which will allow our Hospitals and Medical facilities to cope with the more serious cases of Coronavirus and future numbers of victims. This does not mean the pandemic is over.

We must continue to comply with Government Regulations and practice Social Distancing and a healthy hygiene regime. The only reason to be riding our bikes is for:
• Shopping for essentials (Food / necessary supplies);
• Medical or care needs;
• Local Exercise within Public gathering guidelines;
• Education or work, if this cannot be done from home.

We all have been isolating ourselves for a few weeks now and the separation and loneliness is beginning to overtake some of us. I have been contacting members to say hello and see how they are coping however I do not know everyone’s current situation, so if you would like to talk to me or allow me to ring you down the track, I invite you to contact me on 0431 613 604 or Alex MC DONALD (Welfare Officer) on 0402 347 513.

Alex and I are not Marriage Counsellors, Trauma Nurses or Referees so if you do not feel comfortable speaking with us, I provide you with some professional contact numbers for your assistance if required. The following services also have on-line facilities:

Life Line – 13 11 14
Life Support (Counselling during the Coronavirus (COVID-19)) – 1300 735 030
Beyond Blue (Coronavirus Mental Wellbeing Support Service) – 1800 512 348
Steveg
Steveg
Admin

Back to top Go down