Yarra Ranges Ulysses
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ULYSSES CLUB, YAR BRANCH – CORORA RANGESNAVIRUS UPDATE 9: From the President:

Go down

ULYSSES CLUB, YAR BRANCH – CORORA RANGESNAVIRUS UPDATE 9: From the President: Empty ULYSSES CLUB, YAR BRANCH – CORORA RANGESNAVIRUS UPDATE 9: From the President:

Post by Steveg Sun May 24 2020, 14:39

ULYSSES CLUB, YARRA RANGES BRANCH – CORONAVIRUS UPDATE 9:
From the President:
On Friday, I had a call from Ruby at Club Kilsyth regarding our Monthly Social Evening, she advised that June is out as the numbers which will be permitted in each function room does not warrant re-opening. She is hopeful that numbers change for July however Social 1.5 metre distancing requirements may restrict the numbers that can be seated within the Function Room so there still may be a wait before we can all get back together and enjoy one an others company.
I have attempted to contact Ken from Brunch several times but his mobile phone is not accepting calls at this time so the last time I spoke with him he advised that until restrictions on numbers are lifted and patrons can be seated to eat it is not worth his while to reopen. Let us hope with numbers being lifted it is not too long and we are back at Brunch talking, drinking, and eating with our friends.
I am encouraged, in the name of Exercise and Recreational Activity, that a number of our members have plucked up enough courage and gone for a ride. I bet the heart was beating a bit harder, the blood was flowing quicker and that smell of petrol flared the nostrils. Yes, even I got the Spyder out and blew some cobwebs out of the exhaust, but what did surprise me was my “Social Distancing”.
I had all the intentions of maintaining distance between myself and others, but my intention of distancing was certainly different from my perception of distancing. I found myself walking into other people’s space and them into mine, so I had to really concentrate on who and what was around me, so to be on the safe side I placed my neck warmer around my face and used it as a face mask. I realised then and there social distancing is not as easy as it sounds, and we must take that step back rather than forward. It is easy to fall into old habits, but we must continue to assess who and what is around us.
Stay Safe.
Steveg
Steveg
Admin

Back to top Go down