Yarra Ranges Ulysses
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GP RIDE TO The Island!!

Go down

GP RIDE TO The Island!! Empty GP RIDE TO The Island!!

Post by bikechickadee Thu Oct 24 2013, 23:28

Kev finally convinced me to do the GP Ride down to the island. So Kev his brother Dave and his mate and I headed down to Cranbourne arriving st 8:50am to get s good position. Dave was not happy as his beautiful rare 1989 Suzuki Gsxr 1000 which he had spent hours cleaning and polishing for its big day out. The relay died and that was that so he had to grab his 1994 Suzuki 750 instead. ( he has 4 bikes to choose from !!)

It was my first ever GP ride and the atmosphere was buzzing before the start perfect weather and I couldn't believe the crowds not just in Cranbourne but although the way down the highway.
A rather nasty sight greeted us just out of Grantville a very large very drunk lady wearing only jeans and a sports bra decided to let it all hang out!! Wasn't a pretty sight, the guys much preferred the young fit grid girls waving at us just after the San Remo bridge.

We had the highway reserved just for us on the way down and it was beaut to be amongst an estimated
5500 bikes all together, I didn't see any dangerous riding and it was a great ride down there. Bikes everywhere in Cowes and finding a place to park took awhile, we headed to the Italian restaurant as the pub WS  was overflowing. We had great pasta and pizza and some nice dream time looking at some bikes probably worth $50000 plus!!
Kev couldn't resist adding a replica motorbike to his extensive model collection then we had a leisurely ride home.
bikechickadee
bikechickadee

Back to top Go down