Yarra Ranges Ulysses
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Griffiths Ride

+3
Ron & Liz
Henry Rokx
SED1
7 posters

Go down

Griffiths Ride Empty great trip

Post by bikechickadee Sat Sep 28 2013, 11:02

Well done Henri

A magnificent ride up to Griffith once again (OMG Kev was early!!!!) affraid 

we had a super run up to Tocumwal for lunch on the Friday and then onto the boring but fast?!?! roads for the afternoon run in.Thank goodness I had my ipod running some nice 90's tunes.
Once again the Acacia motor inn took care of us all and the Leagues club handled some super dinners for everybody, the Altina wildlife park was a highlight loved the horse drawn Clydesdale ride around the park. and McWilliams winery for some tastings (Thanks to Rex and Pam for carrying our precious drops back to the motel)

great to see the white lions and hyenas being fed up so close. The weather played very nice except for the first hour and a half out of Yarra Glen on the Friday which was very wet but didn't really matter as we all dried out over hot cuppas at Euroa anyway. Once back on and refuelled the weather was cold but no more rain.

I was at the back of the pack going to Jerilderie on the Sunday ride home and came across a lonely little blue bag on the side of the road I had a feeling it belonged to one of our mob, so I stopped and jogged back about 300 metres to get it threw it onto the back of the shadow and tied it up with my one spare strap.

getting to Jerilderie it turned out it belonged to Greg (Bee's other half) and I was very kindly shouted to a cuppa and cake Cool , it turned out the strap on the bag had snapped. I know I would want somebody to pick up my luggage if it came off and I had the feeling the bag belonged to one of our riders as it was in the middle of nowhere and very early in the day.

After lunch at Shepp it really warmed up and I was glad to rest at Yea and strip off some layers. The rest of the trip back home seemed to drag but I think I was pretty tired by then all up over the weekend the bike did 1100kms and it was awesome to see my fave sight a long line of bikes front and back along the highway.

Well done Henri what a fun trip. Cheers from Sheri and Kev (mr S)
bikechickadee
bikechickadee

Back to top Go down

Griffiths Ride Empty Re: Griffiths Ride

Post by crofty48 Tue Sep 24 2013, 10:04

I didn't go to Griffith,but I had a go at TEC for Don on the ride he led to meet up with returning Griffith riders, a mostly pleasant (some rain) ride with some fourteen or so riders, so thanks to Don for leading the ride. Most of us had a nice lunch but RSL let itself down with it's attitude to one members lunch being forgotten and making matters worse with a WE DON"T CARE attitude right thru' to management, however the rest of the day was quite pleasant for the run home. Well done to all who made the day possible. Regards Mick.

crofty48

http://crofty48@hotmail.com

Back to top Go down

Griffiths Ride Empty Griffiths Ride

Post by Geepez Tue Sep 24 2013, 08:21

Thanks to all those responsible for a great couple of days. That Wild Life Park was pretty special. How about those long, straight, flat, stretches of road!! Boring as.... On a positive note, it did give me an opportunity to give the old Geepez a "clean out" and to stretch her legs. It's still got it after 32 years!!
Merv.
Geepez
Geepez

Back to top Go down

Griffiths Ride Empty Griffith W/End

Post by Beee Mon Sep 23 2013, 13:56

Thank you to Henry/Marjorie/Bob/Kath and the Griffith mob; what a fantastic weekend,great to be out on the bike after a looooooooong winter.
Always wonderful to be out with Yarra Ranges, such great camaraderie, we certainly are very fortunate.

Cheers Bee & Greg

Beee

Back to top Go down

Post by Ron & Liz Sun Sep 22 2013, 20:49

Truly AWESOME weekend many thanks to Henri/Marjory Bob/Cathy Ang/Mary et al
Top weekend and weather was terrific!!

Ron & Liz

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Rokx Sun Sep 22 2013, 20:03

All I can say is - Brilliant weekend.

Thanks to those that came along and helped to make it a weekend to remember.

Henry

Henry Rokx

Back to top Go down

Griffiths Ride Empty Griffiths Ride

Post by SED1 Sun Sep 22 2013, 18:43

Many thanks to Henry and Marjorie, Bob and Kathy, Ang and Mary(MIA) for such a well organised Griffiths adventure. The Alinta wildlife
park was a once in a lifetime experience...where else can you watch a white lion and lioness standing at full stretch eating from just
6 feet away? If you didn't get to do it this weekend, pencil it in for next year.
SED1
SED1

http://stephendolling@dodo.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down