Yarra Ranges Ulysses
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TRIP/RIDE REPORT APOLLO BAY.

2 posters

Go down

TRIP/RIDE  REPORT APOLLO BAY. Empty Ride

Post by bikechickadee Tue Nov 13 2012, 21:54

Trevor,
Thanks for your kind words. I'm glad that everybody had a good time, so did I.
I've recently found out that there is a brewery at Forrest so next time we might throw that into the mix!! drunken
They are a boutique small scale operation.
we certainly ate well I didn't have much lunch on the way back to Melb just a salad sandwich and some water.
the Thai house and the Ridge cafe were the standouts for me.
Yes definitely we will do it all again next year. Smile Basketball
bikechickadee
bikechickadee

Back to top Go down

TRIP/RIDE  REPORT APOLLO BAY. Empty Thanks Sheri for a great weekend

Post by Trevor Hudson Sun Nov 11 2012, 19:15

Sheri, I am very grateful that you volunteered to put on a ride over Melbourne Cup Weekend and am most impressed with the detail you put into it. The Yarra Ranges members that came on your Apollo Bay trip were delighted with the variety of places you took us to and the places we ate at. The group all got on very well and even the weather was perfect. Many thanks Sheri from Trevor. Laughing

Trevor Hudson

Back to top Go down

TRIP/RIDE  REPORT APOLLO BAY. Empty photos

Post by bikechickadee Thu Nov 08 2012, 21:19

Some trip photos will be coming soon once Photobucket decides to BEHAVE!! It is a. BEAST!!! Sleep Twisted Evil affraid
bikechickadee
bikechickadee

Back to top Go down

TRIP/RIDE  REPORT APOLLO BAY. Empty TRIP/RIDE REPORT APOLLO BAY.

Post by bikechickadee Tue Nov 06 2012, 17:59

hi all,

Well a new bulletin board, cool I'm putting up a little note about our recent trip and I think it goes here??!!!
As per usual Kevin W missed the start!! 25 mins late and counting and Trevor and myself just could nit wait any longer, the excuse I was helping Mum get the dog out?? that's a new one!!
any how we got dwn to Lorne at about 11.25 and meet up with Ian and Chris at the bakery (ex Yarra Ranges now live in Donald) Kevin joined us about 15 mins later and was promptly put in the naughty corner for being late!!

Avery pleasant ride diwn to Apollo bay along the GOR perfect weather, 10/10.
got to our accomm and hit the pub for lunch after seeing the office was unattended till two.
Very good lunch and back to unload the bikes and settle in.

saturday night dinner at the Top pub, ( Great Ocean hotel) very nice but waited a while, good though. sun morning out on the bikes to take the very TWISTY route to the Otway fly treetop walk Vis Turtons track more twisties and bends than two packs of twisties.!!

I didn't realize just how high up the scaffolding was on the Otway fly walk and freaked a bit coming down the staircase which was moving in the wind!! thanks Ian for letting me stare at your back to calm me down as we descended. What a Face
Not for the faint hearted!!
a beautiful walk through the tree canopy and then back along the forest floor.
we all worked up a hearty appetite for the short ride back to the Ridge cafe for a truly superb organic lunch. We variously ordered organic veggie pie with salad or goulash potato topped pie with salad and kicked back on the sunny deck with a view of the whole valley, needless to say we were not in a hurry to get back to Apollo bay just enjoyed the food, the view and some yarns.
Sunday night spent with some lovely spicy Thai food at the Thai house restaurant. yumm pig

Monday bought with it the rain and so the ride out to the Otway lighthouse was taken with a certain degree of caution, we spotted a heap of koalas in the trees close to the ride and some of them were quite close.
very cute. we took rolls and sandwiches up there for a picnic (which we bought that morning from AB bakery) very very good.
back onto our bikes but unfortunately the heavens opened up and so we just picked our way carefully back for the 45min ride back to the hotel.
after some nice hot showers off for dinner back at the first pub, very good food and then off to pick our Cup horses had a few games of UNO with my room mates (solidly beaten!! No
Cup morning bikes packed up and hit the road at 8:50 am for the trip back to Melbourne.

thanks to Ian and Christine Bailey, Trevor Hudson and Kevin (mr Suzuki) for the company and good riding.
see you on the next one.. ride Safe always. sunny cheers

Last edited by bikechickadee on Tue Nov 06 2012, 18:04; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : fixed details.)
bikechickadee
bikechickadee

Back to top Go down

TRIP/RIDE  REPORT APOLLO BAY. Empty Re: TRIP/RIDE REPORT APOLLO BAY.

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down