Yarra Ranges Ulysses
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Hamburger Journey!

4 posters

Go down

A Hamburger Journey! Empty Re: A Hamburger Journey!

Post by Placid Sun Oct 13 2019, 15:01

For those that went on the hamburger run, I am led to believe that there is a segment on these Kermonds hamburgers on a program on this coming Thursday evening at 7.30 on SBS. I don't know if it's large, small, good or bad. It's a program filmed in Warrnambool, The burgers are identical at both Geelong and Warrnambool.
Placid
Placid

Back to top Go down

Post by nortoned Sun Oct 13 2019, 11:48

Our trip to get a Hamburger last Sunday .. which Tony so very well organised ... was very interesting to say the least!!!! but the trip was well worth while, as the Hamburgers were I would say the best I have had. I did entertain every one on the way by doing my party trick of falling down the stairs!!! I think it was because they were moving which confused me..haha. Apart from a few small cuts on my arm I was fine. A big thank you to Mick and Tony for their help, and to all that went on the trip. Thanks for a good day, and yes I would do it all again (not falling over though) Ed (Morris)

nortoned

Back to top Go down

A Hamburger Journey! Empty A Hamburger Journey

Post by mcwuf Mon Oct 07 2019, 18:30

Now let me tell you the real story.
There was a time when a band of desperadoes who wished to venture to a far off land named Geelong, which had been classified as the land of plenty. This brave band of adventurers accomplished their quest without the use of suits of armour, gauntlets or any other type of protective attire.
These resolute individuals endured many obstacles and dragons of steel and fought off many witches who tried to entice them with scantily clad attire. Never in the realms of history has so little been accomplished by so many.
One of the adventurers had to fight off the evil wizard called Escalator and although severely injured (band aid treatment), showed his courage by continuing on the quest with his heart of gold to reach the land of milk and honey and hamburgers.
I will always remember these times when I wake up screaming in the night when my brave friends assisted me to stay awake throughout our return journey by speaking in tongues of Australiana and attempting to be jocular.
We all physically returned to our lands from whence we came from, although possibly not mentally.

mcwuf

Back to top Go down

Post by Placid Mon Oct 07 2019, 16:32

‘onya Mick. Good report.
I should also add that one of our group went A over T on the steep escalator down into Parliament Station. Luckily, he landed on his arse and so didn’t do much damage to himself apart from a graze on his arm. We managed to stop him rolling down the rest of the way. It was a bit of a task helping him back on his feet when we were doubled over with laughter. Also luckily, Mick carried his first aid kit with him. It consisted of ONE band-aid, which was put to good use.
A great day and thanks to those that came along and made it so.
Placid
Placid

Back to top Go down

A Hamburger Journey! Empty A Hamburger Journey!

Post by crofty48 Mon Oct 07 2019, 10:17

Yesterday 12 of Y.R.Ulysses finest (names withheld for fear of spurious litigation), met at Croydon Rail Station for a "Seniors Week" (read=free rail travel) journey to Geelong for a hamburger? seems none were available closer to home!
This momentous outing was choreographed and led by none other than Placid,who managed too remain so for most of the journey! and said journey was not to be without adventure, as the rail network was undergoing crossing removal on our line, we had to change to buses at Camberwell, to continue to Parliament Station, reboard a train to Southern Cross, then across all platforms to meet the Geelong train, anyone still awake will realise the enormity of this endeavour for a bunch of 'old farts' with various and sundry ailments.
THEN, another bus at Geelong deposited us mid city, whereupon a short walk soon saw all enjoying the aforementioned, unavailable anywhere else Hamburgers!
Our return journey, acompanied by unbelievably sore knees,full bellies and general good cheer saw us all safely home late afternoon, a great day was had by all, beats the pants off doing nothing, and left 12 riders(train & bus) content with the world.
Thanks for all your efforts ride leader Tony, nobody lost, drunk or arrested,well done.
Regards Mick.

crofty48

http://crofty48@hotmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down