Yarra Ranges Ulysses
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

March Update ---Contact with our "sickies"

Go down

March Update ---Contact with our "sickies" Empty March Update ---Contact with our "sickies"

Post by crofty48 Tue Mar 06 2018, 16:35

Just to bring you all up to date with our sick/injured or otherwise incapacitated members, we still have a couple of people recovering from accidents and I have contacted them over the last few days.

Phil Snelling is heading up the list having been knocked off his motorbike just before Christmas, he is at home, still undergoing physio and other tortures, and has last week been Ok'd to try relearning to walk! I spoke to him today, Physio and exercises for his legs to get him walking again will take quite some time, back to The Alfred tomorrow for follow-up D.V.T, and have to hope all is going to plan, otherwise, 'just the tedium of being stuck at home.'

I spoke with Nigel Dunn over the weekend, and again today, he is getting out a bit with the help of a "walker" and even paid a visit to the supermarket today, although that turned out to be a little bit stressful encountering access ramps etc, but he managed it without incident, other than worrying about falling over! For the most part, as with Phil, still predominantly stuck at home, so if you have a moment give them a call or a visit, it should cheer them up just to know they've not been forgotten!

Steve (Sudsy) Knowles suffered a heart attack over the weekend at Wonthaggi, I spoke with Debbie this afternoon, and Steve had just come out of surgery after having some stents inserted, I shall get a card off to them from the YR Branch this evening and will follow up later in the week.

And finally (for today) Robyn Runge is going into St Vincents on Friday for a hip replacement, hope all goes well for you Robyn, and Frank has assured me he will update me as to the outcome soon as he can, with any sort of luck it's hopeful Robyn will return home Monday.

crofty48

http://crofty48@hotmail.com

Back to top Go down