Yarra Ranges Ulysses
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kathy McArthur

+10
bikechickadee
eduard_kuppens
JOHN ECKHART (FONZE)
The Sniper
Henry Rokx
Trevor Hudson
Beee
K2
Ron & Liz
bruce j
14 posters

Go down

Kathy McArthur Empty Re: Kathy McArthur

Post by ladyrider Sat Apr 04 2015, 07:40

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
ladyrider
ladyrider

Back to top Go down

Kathy McArthur Empty Update on Kathy

Post by Bob McArthur Fri Apr 03 2015, 16:32

Hello Everyone,

On behalf of Kathy and myself thanks heaps for your support.

Kathy has been visited by her Orthopaedic Surgeon & Plastic Surgeon today (Good Friday).  They are planning to work on Kathy on Easter Monday.  The broken and ground away bones in her smashed Left Foot/Ankle will be repaired with some bones fused together and other bones pinned in place.  The broken toes in her Right Foot will be set where possible and left to nature where this is the best option.  The missing flesh at her Left Knee and Left Ankle will be 'plugged & patched'.  -  Her Knees (previous joint replacement inserts) are all good with no damage.

The prognoses is for Kathy to spend two weeks in hospital (Valley Private) and then spend two to three weeks in Rehabilitation (South Eastern Private).  If all goes according to plan she will be able to weight bear on her left leg and walk with a slight 'stiff foot' limp.  Total recovery will take around six months.

Currently she is very well but immobilised in bed so very bored.  If anyone can give her a call - 0438 530 630 for a chat, or give her a visit - she's in Flynn Ward room 6 (Valley Private) that would be great.

Thanks once again for your well wishes, we are very lucky to be part of the YR-Ulysses family.

Bob.

Bob McArthur

Back to top Go down

Post by Geoff Greenhalgh Thu Apr 02 2015, 21:22

Our thoughts are with Kathy and we wish her a speedy recovery. Love from Denise and Geoff. Xxx

Geoff Greenhalgh

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Rokx Wed Apr 01 2015, 21:22

We saw Kathy at the hospital tonight. Bob will post details soon, or I will do it if Bob doesn't
have time. Kathy looks good and is quite happy despite some severe injuries.

The bike is being transported to the repairer courtesy of QBE Insurance, so thanks for the offer
Steve, but it's all in hand. Just thought I'd let you know.

Henry

Henry Rokx

Back to top Go down

Kathy McArthur Empty Get well soon Kathy

Post by SED1 Wed Apr 01 2015, 16:26

When riders of this calibre get taken down you realise that what we do IS dangerous, and as careful as we try to be, accidents can happen at any time. Kathy will recover from this quickly, as her sparkling personality won't allow for any other result (as seen with her recent operation). Our wishes are with you lovely lady, and when you get back on your feet, don't hesitate to call if we can help in any way. Same goes for you Bob. I have a trailer and I have time if you need to get the bike back to Melbourne. with love from Steve and Susanne xxxx
SED1
SED1

http://stephendolling@dodo.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by bikechickadee Tue Mar 31 2015, 15:45

no not another casualty!!

Kathy best wishes for a speedy recovery, that deer should be venison stew!!!!

I hope everybody else got home in one piece after hearing all this bad news.....

Kudos to Bob for managing to keep the bike steady , dont think I would have managed it.

Really praying that everybody else got home safe and sound.
I hope that everybody did have a good time at the AGM apart from these road accidents.

Maybe we can threaten to sue the wildlife..

Ride Safe......
bikechickadee
bikechickadee

Back to top Go down

Post by eduard_kuppens Mon Mar 30 2015, 14:45

I am so sorry to hear that you went Down Cathy hope that all goes well with you,an you get better soon Love ( Homer )xxx Embarassed Embarassed
eduard_kuppens
eduard_kuppens

http://eduard.kuppens@bigpond.com

Back to top Go down

Kathy McArthur Empty best wishes to kathy

Post by JOHN ECKHART (FONZE) Mon Mar 30 2015, 13:14

Oh Deer... So sorry to hear about your mishap Bob and Kath.
We are all thinking of you, and our best wishes for a full and speedy
recovery Kathy with no long term or lingering problems.
All the best .. Fonzie.
JOHN ECKHART (FONZE)
JOHN ECKHART (FONZE)

Back to top Go down

Kathy McArthur Empty Kathy McArthur

Post by The Sniper Mon Mar 30 2015, 12:50

So sorry to hear about your off Kath, Pam and I were shocked to hear of it. Hope you recover well, we will be over to see you once you are sorted.

Pam and Tony

The Sniper

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Rokx Mon Mar 30 2015, 09:04

On behalf of Ron Laurence and the Whittlesea Branch, best wishes for Kathy and hopes
for a speedy recovery.

Also, Helena Gritton, President, Jen Woods, Vice President, and the entire National Committee
send their best wishes for both Kathy and Bob.

Henry Rokx
Natcom - International.

Henry Rokx

Back to top Go down

Post by Trevor Hudson Sun Mar 29 2015, 20:46

Keren and I are shocked to hear about the altercation with a deer. We wish Kathy a speedy and full recovery. I thank Bob for organising the trip to Wodonga, and am sorry the return trip had to end like this. Trevor Hudson.

Trevor Hudson

Back to top Go down

Kathy McArthur Empty Kathy

Post by Beee Sun Mar 29 2015, 20:27

Kathy & Bob, so very sad to hear of this news, we are thinking of you both.
Hoping Kathy that all can be healed and mended.
Sending you the biggest "HUG "and best wishes.
Cheers Bee & Greg

Beee

Back to top Go down

Kathy McArthur Empty Update

Post by K2 Sun Mar 29 2015, 18:02

Kathy's surgery at Wangaratta hospital went well and the joint & the wound were washed out and the bones put back where they belong. The trauma to the ankle is severe as the tibea & talus are both quite damaged from abrasion on the road surface. The ankle is immobilised with a serious looking meccano set & Kathy will be monitored overnight and assessed in the morning. The surgeon emphasised that she will have a very long journey to recovery.

Bobs bike is a mess at the front with busted lights, electrics, radiators, and lots of stuff under the RHS fairing which is in bits. It's in storage at the tow truck factory and is completely unrideable.
K2
K2

Back to top Go down

Post by Ron & Liz Sun Mar 29 2015, 17:09

What an AGM!
This is one that will live long in memories for all the wrong reasons!
Liz & I wishing Kathy & all our ladies a speedy recovery!

Ron & Liz

Ron & Liz

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce j Sun Mar 29 2015, 15:02

Thanks for letting us know Kevin. This is not the way to end what was a good AGM!

bruce j

Back to top Go down

Kathy McArthur Empty Kathy McArthur

Post by K2 Sun Mar 29 2015, 14:01

Bob & Kathy had an altercation with a deer at 8.10 this morning (Sunday 29th) 9 kms past Beechworth. The deer ran from the right side of the road straight into the front & side of the bike smashing the right pannier off the bike. As Bob was riding the bike to a stop at the side of the road (amazing skill!), Kath fell off at about 50 kph and slid and tumbled along the road and across to the gravel. She has
a severe dislocation of the left ankle with a large associated open wound full of gravel She is in Wangaratta hospital in surgery to clean and stabilise the joint before transfer to a Melbourne hospital for further reconstructive surgery.

I'll update as info comes available.
K2
K2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down