Yarra Ranges Ulysses
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paddy's donkey

Go down

Paddy's donkey Empty Paddy's donkey

Post by GuyW Sat Nov 10 2018, 15:35

Paddy pre-paid $500 for a donkey and the next day he went to collect it. To his dismay the donkey was dead. He asked Bill the donkey seller for his money back but Bill assured him that the donkey had died after Paddy had paid for it, so he couldn't in good conscience give him his money back.

Paddy left very unhappy and stewed over it for a day, then went back and demanded the dead donkey from Bill. "Why on earth would you want a dead donkey?", asked Bill. "It's out the back waiting to be cut up and left for the garbage man." "I'm going to raffle it", announced Paddy. "No-one's going to buy tickets to win a dead donkey you silly git", declared Bill. But Paddy was determined and went home dragging the donkey behind him.

A few weeks later Bill saw Paddy and asked him how the raffle had gone. "It went well", said Paddy. "I didn't mention that the donkey was dead and I sold 251 tickets at $2.00 a ticket." Bill was amazed. "Didn't anybody complain?" he asked. "Nah, only the winner complained, when he found out the donkey was dead", said Paddy. "So I gave him his money back."

GuyW

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum