Yarra Ranges Ulysses
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mont DeLancey Ride

3 posters

Go down

Mont DeLancey Ride Empty mont delancy ride

Post by JOHN ECKHART (FONZE) Sun Nov 22 2015, 21:05

Henry - I posted that ride about a month ago in our Ride Calendar. It was only on for this weekend end,  and we had Sunday already booked for our President's Poker Ride, so Saturday was the only day available.
Cheers.. FONZ.
JOHN ECKHART (FONZE)
JOHN ECKHART (FONZE)

Back to top Go down

Mont DeLancey Ride Empty Re: Mont DeLancey Ride

Post by Henry Rokx Sun Nov 22 2015, 20:14

Sounds great Mick. Possibly worth a return visit. With a bit more warning and on a Sunday
you might get more attending.
Henry Rokx

Henry Rokx

Back to top Go down

Mont DeLancey Ride Empty Mont DeLancey Ride

Post by crofty48 Sat Nov 21 2015, 20:39

Well, a truly 'awesome foursome' braved some incredible weather (I counted 11 raindrops on my visor) and after a longish 20 minutes, arrived safely at Mont DeLancey Homestead without anybody getting lost, thanks mostly to the extreme effort of our fearless T.E.C, Phil Bellamy keeping all at a safe and steady pace whilst not allowing any 'stragglers' to hold up the group!
'What an incredibly interesting place! The Blacksmith shed harked back to a forgotten era, and with 4 or so smiths on hand, making all sorts of stuff, and everyone of them willing to chat and show what they were making, all manner of knives, fire pokers, etc, great to watch.
Hot food and cool drinks(beer and wine as well) were available, as well as a restaurant (didn't check it out) to cover any hunger or thirst.
The wood turning shop was also happening today, and again, the volunteers were only too happy to chat about their activities.
My main interest was the stationary engines and old machinery, of which their was quite a bit, amazing how much of this old stuff is still out there!
A couple of draught horses were dragging various bits of equipment about a long paddock, while in another area, stationary engines were performing tasks such as log cutting and splitting as well as driving other bits of gear from yesteryear, all in all an interesting afternoon.
Thanks Fonz for finding this little farmland gem, well worth the trip, and thanks Phil for T.E.C, it gets lonely at the back. Regards Mick.

crofty48

http://crofty48@hotmail.com

Back to top Go down

Mont DeLancey Ride Empty Re: Mont DeLancey Ride

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down