Yarra Ranges Ulysses
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Motorcycle theft brochure

Go down

Motorcycle theft brochure Empty Motorcycle theft brochure

Post by bruce j Wed Jul 01 2015, 19:05

The following has been sent to us for passing on and will be of particular interest to owners of 50cc Honda scooters less than 4 years old:

My name is Glenn McFarlane and I am a Crime Prevention Officer with Victoria Police in Melbourne.

I have been designated by my divisional management command to raise awareness of an increase in motorcycle thefts in Melbourne.

These thefts are occurring on the street, in residential apartment car parks, business building car parks and commercial car parks.

A common trend is for offenders to use a van or a sedan with a trailer attached.  

The offenders drive up to the motorcycle, lift it up, put it in the van or trailer and drive off negating most common security measures.

In conjunction with the National Motor Vehicle Theft Reduction Council, we have updated the content of their motorcycle theft reduction brochure titled ‘Wish You’d Secured Your Motorcycle’ which is accessible on at ‘ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ‘.

We request that you disseminate this information and the above brochure with the motorcycle safety tips and theft facts to your members.

Glenn McFarlane | Leading Senior Constable 26493
Crime Prevention Officer | Melbourne & Yarra
North West Metro Region Division One
226 Flinders Lane, Melbourne, 3000 | DX210073

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

bruce j

Back to top Go down