Yarra Ranges Ulysses
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Social Night on Thursday, 27th March

4 posters

Go down

Social Night on Thursday, 27th March Empty social night

Post by bikechickadee Sat Mar 29 2014, 08:12

It was great to hear Brian and Shirley talk about their travels. It certainly feeds the fire for some touring I would love to do the Pacific highway thru California and right up into Canada one day!!

Maybe on a big Harley!!

I think their essential ingredients for rides are tons of patience and a whole Lot of "keep calm and carry on"
 Very Happy 

I'm halfway through their new book already, another great read for anybody but especially bikers!!
bikechickadee
bikechickadee

Back to top Go down

Social Night on Thursday, 27th March Empty social nite

Post by mr suzuki Fri Mar 28 2014, 20:51

HI everybody very interesting listening to Brian and Shirley I could realy relate to the South African part because I have been to those places brought back lots of childhood memories.Congradulations to Sue P for winning the easter eggs enjoy I will be doing it again next year.

mr suzuki

Back to top Go down

Social Night on Thursday, 27th March Empty Re: Social Night on Thursday, 27th March

Post by Henry Rokx Fri Mar 28 2014, 14:44

It was a brilliant night. It was nice to see Brian and Shirley again. They are great and I hope we can
catch up with them again some time. I enjoyed their "Two for the road" presentation last time and last
night was good too - but too short!!!
Henry

Henry Rokx

Back to top Go down

Social Night on Thursday, 27th March Empty Re: Social Night on Thursday, 27th March

Post by bruce j Thu Mar 27 2014, 22:36

Brian and Shirley were very entertaining. The Chirnside Park CC was packed (meal line-up was very long and continuous) and Brian and Shirley kept everybody's interest through their changing pics, stories, and humour. I'm looking forward to reading the book and even more, some of my own plans for doing a few k's. Special thanks to John Eckhardt (Fonzie) who set it all up (mates with Brian and Shirley through their time with Vic Police). The rest of the night went well too.

bruce j

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce j Tue Mar 11 2014, 21:59

You have the right couple. I really enjoyed the read as well. They have a book out on this trip too that will no doubt be available on the night (signed copies?)

bruce j

Back to top Go down

Post by bikechickadee Tue Mar 11 2014, 21:32

I recently bought a book called two for the road about a Ulysses couple on a round the world trip. It is a fascinating read and I think it may have been written by these folks.
So I would love to meet them and hear of more adventures.
bikechickadee
bikechickadee

Back to top Go down

Social Night on Thursday, 27th March Empty Social Night on Thursday, 27th March

Post by bruce j Tue Mar 11 2014, 18:20

Some people who listen to ABC might recall hearing a couple calling in who were travelling from South America to North America on their Beemer.  That couple are retired Cop, Brian Rix, and his wife and retired Age Reporter, Shirley Hardy-Rix.  They live in Mitcham and previously told the story of their ride from UK to home that spanned 56,671kms and 27 countries when they were confronted, as we are, with the reality that the clock was ticking on their dreams.  The ride they completed from the Antarctic Circle to the Arctic Circle included riding over 5,000mtr mountain ranges and through snow, ice, deserts and tropics.  It included a breakdown in Bear country  affraid 

They will be returning to share their adventures with us on March's social night.  John Eckhardt (Fonzie) knows them and arranged them to come for the night.  There is no expense to the club but hopefully we'll all leave a bit more inspired to make sure we "adventure before dementia".  The night will also include the usual raffles, announcements, and Ride certificates that will be presented by new Ride Co-ordinator, Nigel.

bruce j

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down