Yarra Ranges Ulysses
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pancakes @ Listerfield

4 posters

Go down

Pancakes @ Listerfield Empty pancake day

Post by bikechickadee Sat Sep 28 2013, 11:21

Big thanks to Rex for letting Zenny and myself take over the precious BBQ for a day so we could wield the spatulas!!

I think it was Pam's great batter and the lovely flat cooking surface that made them yummy. There was enough to feed the Australian army and more pig pig and I think we even managed some sales to members of the public which was great.

Superb weather Kev and I usually go down to that spot on the Australia day weekend  for a Aussie day BBQ as its so lovely there.

Big thanks to Rex pam and others who helped with the pre prep and clearing up so that others could go off on their rides after, its a big effort to get the trailer out loaded unpacked washing up etc so good on you guys for keeping us all in food and drinks!!!  bounce

Well done also to Mick and Phil for bringing in the riders to us, both of them in the club hardly 5 mins and already offering to volunteer a ride well done guys!! Like a Star @ heaven I love you 
bikechickadee
bikechickadee

Back to top Go down

Pancakes @ Listerfield Empty Re: Pancakes @ Listerfield

Post by Wrecksy Mon Sep 16 2013, 10:14

What a great day and area for cooking!  As Henry said, about 40 turned up with representatives from Shearwaters and Two Bays attending also. Found a good position for the trailer despite the hoards of "lycra lizards" on their deadly treadlies.  Since we normally take over the carpark by standing around yapping, the call of "car" or "bike" was often heard in order to keep people moving.  The ranger turned up, only to double park and block everything when we suggested that a free pancake might be in order.  Special thanks to Zenny & Sheri for cooking, Mick & Phil for delivering the pack of pancake munchers safely, Danny on water watch, and Steve  & Suzanne for tidying up.  Altogether a great day, and we were very lucky with the weather.

Cheers, Rex.

Wrecksy

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Rokx Mon Sep 16 2013, 09:20

Congratulations to Mick and Phil. 1st ride under the belt, now for a few more.
Henry

Henry Rokx

Back to top Go down

Pancakes @ Listerfield Empty Pancakes @ Listerfield

Post by crofty48 Sun Sep 15 2013, 21:32

Had the pleasure of leading the ride to Lysterfield today with the very able assistance of my tail rider Phill, thanks phill, I knew you wouldn't let me lose anyone. I also think Danny was sent along by Rex to spy and make sure Phill and me didn't stuff it up too much and thereby deter ourselves from taking a ride again. I'm fairly certain Danny and Phill had a peek at my ride brief as they were able to fill in which way we were turning when I forgot to mention it and were most supportive in letting me know anything I overlooked,  thanks Phill, Danny. Once we got under way (danny is a stickler for time) everything went quite smoothly as everybody was behind me and if they got lost it was Phill's problem. All arrived safely at the lake (with Sheri looking out to see where we were ) and were then treated to drinks and pancakes at Rex's diner and I am sure a very pleasant morning was had by all. Thanks to all concerned for making mine and Phill's first ride a success. Regards Mick.

crofty48

http://crofty48@hotmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum