Yarra Ranges Ulysses
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wednesday mid week battle of "Trafalgar"

3 posters

Go down

Wednesday mid week battle of "Trafalgar" Empty Re: Wednesday mid week battle of "Trafalgar"

Post by Snake1250 Fri Aug 18 2017, 19:51

great ride report Fonze.............thanks to all my fellow riders for helping me on the day and for their ongoing followup.
I am pleased to say that the Captain is out of hospital and has repaired very well the Big Vic will be a little way off b4 he flys the flag again

Snake1250
Snake1250

Back to top Go down

Wednesday mid week battle of "Trafalgar" Empty Mid week ride of the battle of Trafalgar

Post by eduard_kuppens Thu Aug 10 2017, 14:05

Hi there Snake --I am so very sorry to here that you had a Battle with the Tarmac an not Trafalgar I'm sorry that it went the way it did, An i hope that you have a speedy recovery cheers an all the best ( Homer )
eduard_kuppens
eduard_kuppens

http://eduard.kuppens@bigpond.com

Back to top Go down

Wednesday mid week battle of "Trafalgar" Empty Wednesday mid week battle of "Trafalgar"

Post by JOHN ECKHART (FONZE) Wed Aug 09 2017, 15:52

Wednesday August 9th 2017 .. 212 years after the Battle of Trafalgar; some 15 riders ventured towards Neerim Sth for a pub lunch.
The ride was led by Amarda - I mean Amando as we made our way through the windies to Powelltown and beyond.

Some distance after Powelltown the battle began between the mighty flagship of Martin's Marine the famous "VICTORY" and
the wet and slippery opponent - The Yarra Junction - Noojee Road.

The Battle raged with the "VICTORY" tacking to port, then to starboard, back to port and a final 'flip'
The masterful Horatio 'Snake' Nelson left ship and met his opponent heavily.

Mt high school physics reminds me that a contest involving a motorcycle weight @ 375 kg, male body @130 kg and 60 year old ribs..
is not a good combination when a bitumen road surface is added.

Unlike the original battle where Horatio did not survive - Snake has - albeit with we believe fractured ribs.
However the original VICTORY did and is now a museum piece and pride of the RAN. - but we suspect the more recent model
may have sunk.

Any how that sort of put a damper on the mid week ride and we left on our bikes, Snake swapped his ride to one in the back of a white Mercedes van with red and yellow stripes, whilst the now infamous VICTORY departed ungraciously on back of a flat top.

Our thoughts are with Gav (Snake) and we we wish him well and a speedy recovery.

More info. to follow via our Welfare Officer

cheers FONZ

JOHN ECKHART (FONZE)
JOHN ECKHART (FONZE)

Back to top Go down

Wednesday mid week battle of "Trafalgar" Empty Re: Wednesday mid week battle of "Trafalgar"

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down