Yarra Ranges Ulysses
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Croydon Hills-Whittlesea-Kinglake-Croydon Hills

3 posters

Go down

Croydon Hills-Whittlesea-Kinglake-Croydon Hills Empty I AGREE

Post by bikechickadee Sat Sep 28 2013, 11:40

Unfortunately our Nanny state of Vic isn't raising enough money by the ever increasing cameras so the only way to get more is by stealthily lowering limits and if you don't notice then too bad. Another place they did that McIntyre lane out other back of Yarra glen used to be 100km/hr about 2 years ago changed to 80. And our cars are all much safer than 20 years ago when the limits were higher!!

The cops in camouflage gear along the Black spur is ridiculous and proves that they are definitely in it for the money if it wasn't about money than put a marked cop car on the side of the road. oops sorry no cash in that.alien 
bikechickadee
bikechickadee

Back to top Go down

Croydon Hills-Whittlesea-Kinglake-Croydon Hills Empty Re: Croydon Hills-Whittlesea-Kinglake-Croydon Hills

Post by ladyrider Thu Sep 05 2013, 17:16

those speed changes have been So for near/if not more than a year in all section's you spoke of
make's a good point to keep Watch and not become complacent Shocked 
just because known road(s) and signage for yonk's Smile
ladyrider
ladyrider

Back to top Go down

Croydon Hills-Whittlesea-Kinglake-Croydon Hills Empty Croydon Hills-Whittlesea-Kinglake-Croydon Hills

Post by toneli Thu Aug 29 2013, 21:22

Hi all,

I made an opportunity today and took off for a long-denied ride from Croydon Hills via Warrandyte to Whittlesea, Kinglake, Yarra Glen and then home.

During said ride noticed that some 100 Kph speed limited sections were now posted as 80 Kph! This has left me wondering whether there is a subtle but concerted and deceptive effort on the part of law enforcers to:
1) reduce the number of motorcyclists on the road through licence forfeiture for so called hooning (aka exceeding the speed limit)
2) raise additional revenue from many more road users, drivers as well as riders, for exceeding the limits imposed by these 80 Kph sections.

Those areas I have noticed with reduced limits in the last five or so years are:
1) Maroondah Highway between Healesville and Fernshaw. The limit through there used to be 100 Kph ... until the ambulance driver came to grief on a newly re-sealed surface if my memory serves me correctly.
2) most of the section Whittlesea through to Kinglake West, especially coming down the hill - presumable it was the same going up.
3) some of the section Kinglake West through to Kinglake.

All of these sections are now posted at 80 Kph!

Or am I being paranoid as my wife is suggesting?

BTW, the ride was most enjoyable with a stop off at Yan Yean reservoir to add chain grease to the chain when said chain was "warm", another stop in Whittlesea for liquid refreshments, cruising comfortably through to top of Mount Slide, and an enjoyable no-one-in-front-of-me ride down Mount Slide, stop off at the Chocolatier and then home. And all before the rain set in for the evening.

I guess there could be a couple of other issues that arise from my observations. In that we as motorcycle riders enjoy the wind "in our hair" as it were, perhaps we would all do well to ensure that:
1) we are never caught exceeding speed limits - of course we won't because we all are very careful to ride within them, and
2) make sure that we keep our bikes up-right such that we never became a statistic for the worst possible cause.

Haven't managed to get a ride in for far too long - even commutes have been off the page for last three weeks!
toneli
toneli

Back to top Go down

Croydon Hills-Whittlesea-Kinglake-Croydon Hills Empty Re: Croydon Hills-Whittlesea-Kinglake-Croydon Hills

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down