Yarra Ranges Ulysses
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

weather was c$#p so we did this!!

+2
mr suzuki
bikechickadee
6 posters

Go down

weather was c$#p so we did this!! Empty Re: weather was c$#p so we did this!!

Post by Henry Rokx Mon Jul 15 2013, 21:17

No real harm came to anyone. So it worked out OK. Pays to be vigilant though.
Anyway, if I had a choice between a wet ride to Mornington or lunch at Montanias
I know what I would be doing too. Great place and good choice.
Henry

Henry Rokx

Back to top Go down

Post by crofty48 Mon Jul 15 2013, 20:52

How unfortunate there was a mixup, I only checked the website and because it was raining I didn't turn up to support you, so was unaware there were two depart times posted, but I hope you keep trying in spite of the mixup, as it will be to all our advantage. Regards Mick

crofty48

http://crofty48@hotmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bikechickadee Mon Jul 15 2013, 18:36

Ok.firstly i never changed the times it was always 9am meet leave at 9:15 am but if id spoken to Terry on Sat and if he had said i thought it was 10 i would have said! Huh?! Why do you say10?? Tonight i checked the grid calendar i now realise it was put down on that as 10:15 which is not and never was correct. it was entered incorrectly as the week prior ride was listed as 10:15 but im not blaming anybody i just didnt check the gridded one (as i only have internet phn Not a computer and the downloads are expensive . Ladyrider you are right it t is correct on the general ride listing and i was unaware it was wrong on the other one.sorry you went down Gipp and from now on i will be checking everywwhere!!!

Last edited by bikechickadee on Mon Jul 15 2013, 18:49; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : sp)
bikechickadee
bikechickadee

Back to top Go down

Post by ladyrider Mon Jul 15 2013, 13:32

Well i am going to back Sheri on this Time issue Shocked  ,
Below is copied from the rides Branch Rides associated with This page  

Next Ride. Sunday 14/07/2013 Ride to Mornington Craft Market
Post by SED1 on Mon 18 Mar 2013, 2:53 pm

Sunday 14/07/2013 Day RIDE To Mornington Craft Market  
Ride Leader Sheri
Be at brunch cafe at 9am ready for a 9:15 departure
Join us on a short run down to the Mornington craft market.
There is wine, clothing, soaps, baked goodies, bunches of roses and heaps of other stuff on sale here at this very diverse and popular market.
Hot food and coffee available to buy and a free band with seating if you just want to sit and relax. No entry fee for the market but car parking is $3 . Being on the bikes we will park outside on the verge and walk in. Please feel welcome to come in your car if the weather is bad.
Please be at the brunch cafe at 9am to listen to the ride briefing. We will depart at 9:15am sharp. Full tanks please. Approximate round trip of 130km.
Anticipated arrival at markets roughly 10:30 and we will journey back at 12:30pm. Plenty of food is available to eat there.
Melway ref 146 A4.
https://yarrarangesulysses.forumotion.com/t232-next-ride-sunday-14-07-2013-ride-to-mornington-craft-market
ladyrider
ladyrider

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Rokx Sun Jul 14 2013, 19:27

Possibly an oversight, but ride leaders must make sure that times on ride calendar are correct.
If not, check with ride-coordinator. Most importantly - once info goes on ride calendar and
it is correct - don't change it.
Henry

Henry Rokx

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinkteflon Sun Jul 14 2013, 19:20

I also was going to turn up at 10am
Then I was told yesterday at Brunch it was 9am start
On our home page under Rides Calendar
This ride was leaving at 10.15
Pinkteflon
Pinkteflon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bikechickadee Sun Jul 14 2013, 17:47

Sorry about that Gipp. The ride meet time was down for meet at 9am leaving at 9:15 am which was what we did.
bikechickadee
bikechickadee

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Rokx Sun Jul 14 2013, 17:18

What time did you leave Kilsyth? Gipp was there around 10.00am looking for you and called me.
Henry

Henry Rokx

Back to top Go down

Post by mr suzuki Sun Jul 14 2013, 16:38

I was not riding in that weather. I just came down to Montanias for the latte and to hear about the two bad drivers the girls came across!!

mr suzuki

Back to top Go down

weather was c$#p so we did this!! Empty weather was c$#p so we did this!!

Post by bikechickadee Sun Jul 14 2013, 12:51

Hi all

Well the bravest of the brave showed up this morning. That would be Zenny and me braving the elements at Kilsyth maccas.
After a bit of a chat we decided the best course of action would be a short ride up to Aura vale lake nearCardinia Resv.
After a short terrorising time with the moron idiot in a silver commodore who decided to pass us both with a blind corner aporoaching and db lines.
He passed zenny and then sat right behind me 5cm off my rear tyre.what an idiotic passing manoeuvre. Go figure??
This lake is only 27km from brunch and is a lovely spot for a picnic on a fine day. But it was was windy and freezing so then we headed off to Montanias in Mtn gate where we feasted on cooked brekkies and coffee and next minute Crofty48 (mick) and his better half walked past us. Mick remarked "hey this isn't mornington markets!" So we had a chat and finally mr suzuki came down for his latte.
So i will rerun the markets another time and the future dates are 13 oct 10nov and 30 Nov, so i will pick one of these dates.
Cheers sheri

Last edited by bikechickadee on Sun Jul 14 2013, 16:20; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : dates)
bikechickadee
bikechickadee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down