Yarra Ranges Ulysses
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Noojee Ride & BBQ

3 posters

Go down

Noojee Ride & BBQ Empty Re: Noojee Ride & BBQ

Post by Henry Rokx Thu Jun 27 2013, 23:55

The ride to Noojee went very well from both ends. My group from Tooradin and Bob's group from Kilsyth
arrived at Noojee within 10 minutes of each other. That's what they call "timing". Yes, it was a tad cold (zero deg) earlier
on, but it warmed up as the day went on and with a bit of hot soup and a BBQ lunch, everyone was feeling better.
It was a good practice run for more winter rides to get people used to a bit of cold weather. Some may call it
lunacy - others might say character building. In any case we covered some nice countryside and I'm looking
forward to doing it again. Many thanks to Rex and Pam for a great job on the BBQ.
Unfortunately Pam didn't share my enthusiasm for the cooler weather at first and I was I danger of wearing
something sharp for a little while - so I had to keep my distance until Pammy warmed up and regained her sense
of humour.
Henry Rokx

Henry Rokx

Back to top Go down

Post by crofty48 Wed Jun 26 2013, 10:17

Rex,Pam once again what a great lunch. Where else can you get value like that for 5 dollars. You had to have been on a bike to know just how welcoming your hot soup and lunch were, it was a good but cold ride and what a great bunch of people to do it with, can't understand how there's not a waiting list to join. Regards Mick. ( Ps ditto for B24)

crofty48

http://crofty48@hotmail.com

Back to top Go down

Noojee Ride & BBQ Empty Noojee Ride & BBQ

Post by Wrecksy Wed Jun 26 2013, 09:46

Who would plan a joint ride up to Noojee in the middle of Winter--on the day which was the coldest morning in 10 years?  Henri of course!!  He led the group from Shearwaters up through Lang Lang, while Bob came up through icy/foggy Powelltown.  Luckily the fog lifted in Noojee just before they arrived, and the pumpkin soup was in great demand...some coming back for third helpings!  Nearly 50 people turned out, which was a fantastic number for such a COLD day.  We certainly had no problems volunteering to tow the trailer up, since we had the heater on all the way. 

Cheers, Rex

Wrecksy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down