Yarra Ranges Ulysses
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ride Report 11 May 2013

Go down

Ride Report  11 May 2013 Empty Ride Report 11 May 2013

Post by bikechickadee Sat May 11 2013, 16:33

Perfect autumn weather greeted us all at the Brunch
cafe.

An eclectic mix of bikes Suzuki Across, Honda Scooter, Honda Shadow, BMW tourer, Honda Deauville, Harley Vintage Ultraglide and more.

10 of us headed up into the beautiful Dandenongs. Got thru to Monbulk ok however there is a one lane bridge we had right ofvway but an absolute moron in a ute failed to give way at the give way sign!! I got thru ok but my heart was in my mouth as i realised he was not going to stop and nearly cleaned up my felliw Ulyssians behind me. Yes there are some bloody idiots around luckily everybody made it unscathed.
A quick coffee stop in Emerald and we headed out the short distance to the pub but unfortunately we got mixed up with the 59 ers who were heading out from Emerald at the same time as us and we sort of got disconnected. As luck would have it everyone made it to the pub so that was good. The 59 ets were headed to the Paradise Valley hotel just like us so the bar was soon full of Bikers!! .
The pub staff normally start the lunch menu at 12 but seeing there was a bar full of hungry and cashed up bikers they wisely decided to start cooking early. It worked well cos we got our meals just after midday. The discussion turned to front number plates on bikes and then descended into politics (never a good topic) so we then got onto Ulysses AGMs.
After a few bevvies we mounted our trustu steeds for a lazy whip through the twisties up past Poets lane into Sassafras then back down the mountain into the Basin and onto the brunch cafe for a post ride chat and goodbyes.
Thanks to all who came riding hope you had a nice time and see you on the next one. A special thanks to trusty : tailend charlie Kevin W (15 mins late to the start as usual hey Kev!! Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by bikechickadee on Sat May 11 2013, 17:15; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : spacing)
bikechickadee
bikechickadee

Back to top Go down