Yarra Ranges Ulysses
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kevin White Poker Run

4 posters

Go down

Kevin White Poker Run Empty Re: Kevin White Poker Run

Post by K2 Mon Nov 23 2015, 14:13

Sunday was a great day for a ride and after the first roll of the dice, 22 bikes set off from Yarra Glen and travelled via the Christmas Hills road to Kangaroo Ground, then on to Hurstbridge. We took Arthurs Creek Road to Yan Yean Reservoir Park where we had our second roll of the dice. We then headed through Whittlesea and Flowerdale to Strath Creek where the Vauxhall Car Club were having a break on their rally. We had our 3rd roll of the dice and surveyed the charred remains of the Strath Creek General Store that burned down last weekend – very sad scene.

Then we went on a short hop to morning tea at Yea in the Country Woman Café in Station St where our hosts Grant & Cindy treated us to home made fresh scones with jam & cream, ham & cheese croissants, home-made sausage rolls, home-made Monte Carlos and great tea & coffee to order – yummo!! Bob & Kath joined us for the final leg down the Melba, left turn through Toolangi and Myers Creek Rd to Healesville and thence to Badger Weir where the BBQ trailer awaited. Thanks to Pam, Henri & Marjorie, Bruce & Sue and Val, we all enjoyed a nice BBQ lunch while we had our final roll of the dice and the judges retired to tally the aggregate scores.

The winner with 48 was Marjorie Rokx, second was Gerd Brachmann with 45, third was Mick Crofts with 41 and with a handsome score of 19, Phil Bellemey brought up the rear.

An excellent day in great company.
K2
K2

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Rokx Sun Nov 22 2015, 20:19

Agreed. It was a good turn out. Although we didn't do the ride, we had fun
anyway and I'm glad we had lunch ready when everyone arrived. Marjorie
was quite happy about he little win as well. Thanks to Pam for getting to the
park especially early to stake her claim on our BBQ spot.
Henry

Henry Rokx

Back to top Go down

Post by Placid Sun Nov 22 2015, 19:51

Agreed, Homer. Good weather, roads and company.
And special thanks to Pam, Val, Sue, Marjorie, Henry and Bruce for the excellent lunch.
A well executed ride and a great day.
We couldn't wish for anything better than that.
Placid
Placid

Back to top Go down

Kevin White Poker Run Empty Kevin White Poker Run

Post by eduard_kuppens Sun Nov 22 2015, 18:03

I have to say that i had one of the best rides ever,since i have been in the club, Laughing The day started of cool but not cold then the  sunny came out,an there was not a drop in the sky, I didn't do a head count but it was nice to see so many good  Surprised  there. the roads were great an thanks to K2 the ride was awesome,an not to forget the Fonz clown you give great advice on my riding thanks dude. I would like to say thanks to Pam,Bruce,Marg,an Henry, an not to forget Sue for the grate job well done ,,,an a thank you to all the riders for your compony great day, It was nice see the girl on there bikes and especially Chathy there with Bob ,,,well done Kevin an Fonze thanks .  cheers ( Homer )
eduard_kuppens
eduard_kuppens

http://eduard.kuppens@bigpond.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down