Message from Ulysses Adventure Riders SIG

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Message from Ulysses Adventure Riders SIG

Post by Sue J on Wed Oct 22 2014, 22:36

Hello Yarra Ranges Ulysses,

I am a member of the Macedon Ranges Branch of the Ulysses Club although I am writing to you on behalf of the Ulysses Adventure Riders Special Interest Group (ADV Riders SIG).   As you may know, the ADV Riders SIG was formed as a Special Interest Group of the Ulysses Club about 2005 by a group of Ulysses members in NSW who enjoy riding on dirt as well as on bitumen.   The group has been very active organising rides and other events for its members although it has mainly involved riders from NSW.   For more information you can have a look at the group’s excellent web site at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

A few Victorian members, including myself, have done a number of rides with the ADV Riders SIG and I am listed on the Web site as the Victorian ride co-ordinator.   Recently several other riders have contacted me about organising some adventure rides in Victoria.  

So I am writing to you to see if we can contact other Victorian Ulysses members who ride so-called Adventure bikes to gauge the level of interest in running some regular adventure rides in Victoria and interstate.   I know that several branches have members with Adventure bikes who currently organise their own rides and we are not looking to interfere with their ride plans in any way.   We are looking to contact members who would like to participate in some adventure riders but do not have much opportunity to ride with others members on dirt roads and tracks.

Typically so-called Adventure bikes are Suzuki DR650’s or VStrom’s, GS BMW’s, Kawasaki KLR’s, KTM’s and various other dual purpose bikes from other manufacturers.  

So we would appreciate your assistance.  

If you have any members in your branch who currently own an adventure bike, or who you think may be interested in Adventure rides, could you please forward them this e-mail and then they can contact me if they are interested in taking this further.   Depending on the level of response, I am planning to run an adventure ride close to Melbourne on 30th November 2014 so we can get together to discuss the ride preferences of members and plan some rides in the future.

If you have any question please let me know.

Thanks for your assistance in contacting members in your branch for me.

Best regards and ride safe.

Peter Maguire

[If you would like to contact Peter I can provide his contact details.  Sue J]

Sue J

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum