Yarra Ranges Ulysses
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fete much better than death; and raffle

4 posters

Go down

Fete much better than death; and raffle Empty Re: Fete much better than death; and raffle

Post by Henry Rokx Mon Oct 20 2014, 20:09

Well done Tony and Mick. Good way to spread the Ulysses spirit.
Henry

Henry Rokx

Back to top Go down

Fete much better than death; and raffle Empty Re: Fete much better than death; and raffle

Post by bruce j Mon Oct 20 2014, 19:09

Well done Tony and Mick. I'm glad you enjoyed the outing and those at the Fete enjoyed it as well

bruce j

Back to top Go down

Post by Placid Sun Oct 19 2014, 12:49

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Yes, Mick, it was a worthwhile exercise and a good way to spend a morning.
Thank you for the company as well.
BTW I love your subject heading... very clever.
Placid
Placid

Back to top Go down

Fete much better than death; and raffle Empty 'Fete' accompli ?

Post by crofty48 Sat Oct 18 2014, 22:19

Tony(placid) and I attended the church fete this morning and were made very welcome by not only the organisers, but quite a large crowd of people. We were better sign posted and more realistically priced this year and as such, generated a lot more interest in the bikes, we had all age groups on board including mums ,dads and grandparents and quite a lot of the oldies had never sat on a bike before, I feel that a good many of them got a kick from having their photo taken on the bikes wearing mine or tony's vests, and we certainly added to the churches takings. For the most part, the kids were all good, the odd few wanting to turn,screw, bend every control they could and after getting home and cleaning off the fingerprints,snot and fairy floss, I feel our small contribution was a success, thanks for your company tony, it was a pleasant morning. Regards Mick.

crofty48

http://crofty48@hotmail.com

Back to top Go down

Fete much better than death; and raffle Empty Re Fete

Post by crofty48 Wed Oct 15 2014, 22:04

Placid, I have the fete in my calendar to attend, will contact you before 18th to confirm. Regards Mick.

crofty48

http://crofty48@hotmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Placid Sun Oct 12 2014, 17:57

The organisers of the fete need to know how many bikes will be there next Saturday. So far, I’m the only one. It would be great to have one more. We’d be down there from about 10 am till about 1230.
Anyone want to volunteer to wash their bike and come down? We will just have the bikes on display and talk about the bikes or the club with anyone who saunters up and has a look at them.
If you want to volunteer, let me know as soon as possible. They need to know down there. We won't be offering a raffle prize or giving rides. 
Thanks.
Placid
Placid

Back to top Go down

Fete much better than death; and raffle Empty Fete much better than death; and raffle

Post by bruce j Wed Sep 17 2014, 21:26

We were approached to provide a ride as a raffle prize last year at the annual fete of Glen Waverley Uniting Church. Steve Dolling donated his pillion seat and many of you may recall Marie, the girl who won the prize, rode with us on last year's President's Poker Run.

Our involvement in the church fete was so appreciated they have written to Henry asking for a couple of bikes to be present for people to get their photos taken with by a professional photographer, and asked if a Harley ride can be raffled again. The date is Saturday, October 18. That is the same weekend as the Griffith Ride and the Moto GP but if you want to volunteer a couple of hours of yourself and your bike, please either catch Henry or myself this week as we need to let them know if anybody is available. If you own a Harley and want to volunteer a ride for a couple of hours, please also contact Henry or myself. Gear will need to be arranged and check your insurance covers it as the Club's insurance doesn't.

The Positive Ageing Expo is also running again this year on Tuesday, October 28; and Ed Kuppens and Mick Crofts have donated their bikes (and themselves) to participate. I did the Positive Ageing Expo a couple of years and its a lot of fun. One year we had our vests and those getting photos taken with the bikes enjoyed putting our vests on so they could show a photo to their grandkids of a 'not so meek and mild' grandparent!

bruce j

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down