Re: club etiquette

Post by norty74 on Tue Dec 04 2012, 15:21

loud and clear
no further comment from myself
norty74

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Dec 04 2012, 13:18

With respect to all I think this thread should be ended.

The "harassment" comments may be valid to those that were present but also may have been simply a misunderstanding. Whilst some slack has been allowed in implementing the House Rules on this thread its time to call a halt.

If you continue to have concerns about insulting behavior - as the House Rules say - take it up with the people concerned or in this instance the "offending" branch President.

I don't want to have to wield the big stick as no doubt that will create more controversy so I am asking all to voluntarily cease and desist.

There was confusion over who's ride it was so perhaps the confusion also extended to these comments allegedly made and it was just a misunderstanding. There is always two sides to any story.

Admin
Admin
Admin

http://yarrarangesulysses.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by norty74 on Tue Dec 04 2012, 09:04

sorry for controversy

Last edited by norty74 on Wed Dec 05 2012, 11:12; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : controversy caused)
norty74

Back to top Go down

Post by Ron & Liz on Tue Dec 04 2012, 07:15

Some additional information that does change the perspective a bit and some very usefull points Gerd re Ride Promoting - I for one thought it a YR Ride with invited Branches but seems its the other way round which does change things.

Ron & Liz

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerd on Mon Dec 03 2012, 23:02

Just settle down, people. (And don't add 'conspiracy theories', either.)
This was NOT (as Henry also pointed out) a YR Branch ride where people from another branch took part. It was listed as a ride on the Melbourne ride calendar also, and some Melbourne people attended THEIR OWN branch ride here.
In fact, it looks to have been more of a Melbourne branch ride, anyway: The listing on their calendar included the starting point as the Olinda Hotel in Lilydale (one of the four Melbourne 'starting points'), and on their calendar the destination, i.e. end of ride, was Bonnie Doon (Melbourne do not have RETURN trips - their rides finish somewhere, and people disperse from there and go home their own ways usually). And the Melbourne branch does NOT have ride logs as we keep them (that's just the way THEY do it).
Therefore, as it was NOT a YR ride 'exclusively', but a ride by the Melbourne branch also, YR people cannot expect the other branch to follow along with their specific rules, I think. Whenever I attend a YR ride, I follow the YR rules, and whenever I attend a Melbourne ride, I follow THEIR rules...
Perhaps, in future, a ride leader should not advertise the same ride for two or more branches; a better way for getting more participants, and to avoid all this confusion, would be, to advertise one's branch ride in a blog on another branch's website, and to not offer the same ride to another branch...

Gerd

Back to top Go down

thanks guys

Post by bikechickadee on Mon Dec 03 2012, 21:44

Thanks Paul and othets. Yes it was disappointing that a couple of people point blank refused to sign the ride sheet. The excuse i dont want a lot of spam emails was rather lame considering i was not asking for his email address.
This really was not the issue it was really a point if i dont want a female telling me to sign something.
There is also a distinct undercurrent of unpleasantness towards women in general there which i must say with YR is absent and women seem to be warmly welcomed. Hence it is not surprising to me that YR has many active female members whilst the other branch has very few to be found.
Im also quite impressed that YR allows me to start a ride from a time and place of my choosing which i cannot do at other places i am restricted to time and start place etc.
Thanks to everyone who did sign it and understsnds that i dont collect it to scan everybody's details i only collect it in case of worst case scenario, that is why.
bikechickadee

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Rokx on Mon Dec 03 2012, 20:05

It is very disappointing to hear of this situation. Ride logs are very important in case
of an emergency but there are some people who don't like to give their details for
"reasons of provacy". Privacy is fine until something happens - but if it does all you do
is hand over to the police. Fortunately we don't seem to have that attitude within Yarra Ranges.

As for overtaking the ride leader, that is a no-no and this matter should be taken up with the
ride coordinator or president of the relevant Branch, which I assume is Melbourne.
It is up to Sheri to take this matter up with the relevant Melbourne people and I am available to
assist if she needs it. Unfortunately this was a Melbourne Branch ride as well as Yarra Ranges.

But as a tribute to how Yarra Ranges rides are conducted, I have had numerous compliments from
visiting riders about our rides, so I think we are doing OK.
Henry Rokx

Henry Rokx

Back to top Go down

sorry for controversy caused

Post by norty74 on Mon Dec 03 2012, 09:01

Last edited by norty74 on Wed Dec 05 2012, 11:13; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : as above)
norty74

Back to top Go down

Post by Ron & Liz on Mon Dec 03 2012, 07:20

Sorry to hear of the disappointment guys!

Its unfortunate that whether Riding to Branch Rules or Road Rues there will alwys be a small percentage that have over inflated egos and Attitude and who are of the opinion that the rules don't apply to them!!

These are the ones that usually end up as Monday morning road toll statistcs.

Don't judge the rest of Ulyssians by the moronic antics of small minority.

Ron & Liz

Back to top Go down

club etiquette

Post by norty74 on Sun Dec 02 2012, 21:43

Last edited by norty74 on Wed Dec 05 2012, 11:14; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : controversy)
norty74

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum