Truth is stranger than Fiction...A spooky BMW tale.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

other spooky things...

Post by bikechickadee on Sat Nov 24 2012, 19:38

This one was well before immobilisers etc but many years ago my boyfriend had one of the old Gemini wagons and his mate who had another older Gemini coupe accidentally locked his keys in his car. We came over to see if we could help force the window but before trying that my boyfriend just for a laugh said Let's try my Gemini car key in the mates car door and it unlocked it!!!
Hysterical about Boronia Kmart, i always thought it was strange!! jocolor
bikechickadee

Back to top Go down

Re: Truth is stranger than Fiction...A spooky BMW tale.

Post by Placid on Fri Nov 23 2012, 17:15

I believe it was the Boronia K-Mart that was notorious years ago for temporarily killing the starters on a certain brand of car.
I think it may have been Hyundais. Turned out to be K-Mart's door sensors.
The cars would start when pushed away from the doors.
I'm sure someone else will remember more detail.
Placid

Back to top Go down

Post by Ron & Liz on Fri Nov 23 2012, 13:31

Drove a car up to Black Mountain in Canberra some years ago and could not unlock doors using remote! Apparently parking under telecommunication towers is not recommended as the microwave emissions given off by the tower blocks the remote!

Ron & Liz

Back to top Go down

Post by Degzi on Fri Nov 23 2012, 11:45

There is a lot of radiation which can be confused as radar Wink coming from a lot of establishments that have IR video surveillance cameras. Your Bike could be picking up one of these and is possible similar problems could occur at different places around town. Suspect
Degzi

Back to top Go down

Truth is stranger than Fiction...A spooky BMW tale.

Post by SED1 on Fri Nov 23 2012, 11:15

In the 12 months that I have owned my K1200LT, there have been only 2 occassions when hitting the starter button would not kick in the starter motor. On both occassions, I was at the Wallan Hume Highway BP roadhouse (once outgoing/once ingoing). The first resulted in a towtruck ride home for the bike and me, and the second time the bike actually started after I had pushed it to the downramp where I was going to roll start it). Most people I have talked to have suggested cleaning out the starter motor but......
On talking to my brother, apparently there is a chemist shop in Mansfield with infra-red sensors on the front door opener which locks the doors and immobilises any Jeep which is close by when the doors are activated. Mechanics in Mansfield are making a fortune out of this.
I then started thinking about my own situation..In the first instance the bike started as soon as we took it off the tow truck. In the second instance it started when I pushed the bike away from the bowsers. It has never done this at any other time, and I have not been to this roadhouse on other than these 2 occasions.
My thinking now is that there is some infra-red device common to both the ingoing and outgoing Wallan BP roadhouses which immobilises my K1200LT. I am going to take it back there in the next week to prove or disprove my theory.

If anyone else has had a similar experience I would love to hear about it.
SED1

http://stephendolling@dodo.com.au

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum