very special kids day

View previous topic View next topic Go down

very special kids day

Post by norty74 on Tue Nov 20 2012, 15:57

Hi everyone, hope all enjoying the weather. I attended the vsk event last Sunday despite thunder and lightning waking me up at 07.00am in narre warren. It was a gloomy start which obviously deterred a number of parents bringing their kids out at risk of chest infections etc.
However plenty there and lots of trikes and bikes and of course the famous Stig.
The bikes finally had an opportunity in the afternoon to take some of the children for rides around the park which seemed to give them all a bit of a buzz.
There was wonderful food put on by melbourne ulysses as well as a dj, face painting, temporary tattoos and a clown as well as Santa in a red and white Tuk Tuk.
Seemed like a great day for all involved
Well done ULYSSES
It was a fantastic feeling to be able to provide short term respite from what must be an exhausting emotional life.
I met a gent with a very sad story, I wont mention names, he is a man who had 8 children, one of whom suffered from a muscle wasting condition and the family has attended the last 5 yrs of vsk. 6 months ago he told me his 16yr old daughter died in his arms from her condition, he had to sell his motorcycle to be able to pay for his daughters funeral. By this time I was fighting back the tears.
he told me that he did not want to come to this event as it was too soon but his wife encouraged him, saying it might just help.
He also told me that when you are married, have 8 children, one of whom has a life threatening condition, you sometimes just need a bit of time to escape, his method was to ride his motorcycle. This strategy has now been lost to him
I am wondering is there anything Ulysses can do to assist this man and his family.
I hope that this post is not inappropriate or in the wrong place
Paul
norty74

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum