what would you put in a emergancy tool kit

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: what would you put in a emergancy tool kit

Post by toneli on Sat Sep 28 2013, 14:05

by Ron & Liz ... "I can vouch for the puncture repair kit though - its worth its weight in gold when out on the less travelled roads we all like so much! Can't imagine a use for multi-grips" ..

Couldn't help but notice that it is "vice-grips" mentioned as a suggested item for the tool kit.  Can be used (almost) as a third hand, as a bit like a bench vice but without the bench. Make sense? Hope so. Smile 
toneli

Back to top Go down

Post by Ron & Liz on Sat Sep 14 2013, 08:50

Sounds good to me Robmac but ya forgot a puncture repair kit!! Very Happy  Either a plug system for tubeless tyres or a pressure can of goop for tube tyres.
I can vouch for the puncture repair kit though - its worth its weight in gold when out on the less traveled roads we all like so much! Can't imagine a use for mulit-grips but you never know and better to have and not need that to not have and need! Laughing Embarassed

Ron & Liz

Back to top Go down

Post by robmac on Fri Sep 13 2013, 21:58

My road trip toolkit comprises a Leatherman surge multi-tool, 4" vice grips, different length cable ties, duct tape, electrical tape, M6, M8, M10 nuts and bolts, and the basic bike tool kit. With the pliers/cutters on the leatherman you can help yourself to farmer Joes fencing wire which will fix everything that falls off on route
robmac

Back to top Go down

what would you put in a emergancy tool kit

Post by mr suzuki on Fri Sep 13 2013, 16:48

Hi all I would like to know what makaes a emergacy tool kit that one would take on a long road trip maybe one could be made up that other members would like to make up as well.

mr suzuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum