Today's Ride to Nagambie for Lunch

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Today's Ride to Nagambie for Lunch

Post by Ron & Liz on Mon Aug 26 2013, 19:10

Cheri and all
The Goldwing is actually Officially Orange not Brown but everyone thinks bright Orange which it isn't its kinda burnt orange but you saw us any way and that is the main thing.

Ron & Liz

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce j on Mon Aug 26 2013, 17:34

bikechickadee wrote:Turns out after the afternoon snack spot I glided down the hill to Whittlesea mostly in neutral only to find I still had about a quarter of tank of fuel left and would have made it to Yarra Glen easily!!

The culprit was a malfunctioning fuel warning light will get the little bugger fixed on the next service, I filled my tank right up and the bloody light was still on!!
Sorry to hear that Cheri.  We took a slow ride down to Yarra Glen as well as Shane and Sue were running low.  Sue had 2ltrs spare and Shane was down to 1!  I chuckled though with the cars behind us probably being "impressed" by how "well these motorcyclists kept under the speed limit" Laughing

bruce j

Back to top Go down

thanks for the ride

Post by bikechickadee on Mon Aug 26 2013, 12:58

Well done Bruce

Great ride and sadly I was the late one for the start and Kevin was early!!!  Twisted Evil Gee now im going to be hearing all about that for the rest of this year!!
Many thanks to Ron and Liz on the big brown Goldwing an easy target to hone in on as I made like Casey Stoner trying to catch you all up!!

Plenty of twisty roads and a few pot holed areas to keep everyone sharp!!
Bruce you must have put in a weather order for the day with the guy upstairs as although it looked threatening we did not get a single drop!! Kudos!!!!

Good to see you on your first ride Glen and maybe when you enjoy your riding further down the track Im sure like most of us you will want a  bigger bike/scooter.
You should check out Sue Jones'  scooter, a Suzuki Burgman  it is very awesome, scooter wise it is a hamburger with the lot!!

Turns out after the afternoon snack spot I glided down the hill to Whittlesea mostly in neutral only to find I still had about a quarter of tank of fuel left and would have made it to Yarra Glen easily!!

The culprit was a malfunctioning fuel warning light will get the little bugger fixed on the next service, I filled my tank right up and the bloody light was still on!!

Not happy Jan!!  bounce   Mad

Last edited by bikechickadee on Mon Aug 26 2013, 13:00; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : detail)
bikechickadee

Back to top Go down

Post by SED1 on Mon Aug 26 2013, 08:56

I know it's still officially winter, but what a great start to our Spring rides carnival. I'm sure everyone enjoyed the day, and I bet Glen
slept well after his first long ride on the scooter. Well organised ride Bruce, and nice mother Hen role played by Ron and Liz at the tail.

PS..There are still some gaps in the rides calendar if anyone would like to lead a ride. Give me a call if you would like to talk about leading a ride in the future...my number is on the committee page.

Steve (Ride Coordinator)
SED1

http://stephendolling@dodo.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by Trevor Hudson on Sun Aug 25 2013, 20:38

Thanks Bruce, great route, good company, fine weather, tasty food and no incidents. Motorcycle heaven, what more could one want?
Many thanks from Trevor.

Trevor Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post by K2 on Sun Aug 25 2013, 20:34

Well done, Bruce - well planned & executed, and thanks to Ron & Liz at the back for looking after all of us.

K2

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce j on Sun Aug 25 2013, 20:15

Good company, good roads, good hospitality on the part of where we stopped for drinks and lunch, good weather; and safe riding by all with varying degrees of "skills testing". I think special mention should go to the tail-end charlie: Ron and Liz; you are much appreciated! I personally appreciated how welcoming the more 'experienced' riders were to those to whom it was all new. That is the kind of thing that turns new riders in to the more experienced riders who welcome new riders on rides in a couple of years time.

bruce j

Back to top Go down

Post by wongka on Sun Aug 25 2013, 17:54

Thanks Bruce for a well executed ride, and your word with the boss, it paid off the weather was spot on.
Lots of faces that I have not met and a few oldies as well.
Congrats Glen on completing your first ride with the yarra ranges I do hope you enjoyed yourself, sleep well and dream of the next one.
Lee:D

wongka

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Rokx on Sun Aug 25 2013, 17:42

A great day. My first decent ride for a while. Good practice run for Griffith next month.
Thanks to Bruce and Sue for the work put into a good ride. Also thanks to everyone on the
ride today for your company.

Henry Rokx

Henry Rokx

Back to top Go down

Today's Ride to Nagambie for Lunch

Post by Ron & Liz on Sun Aug 25 2013, 17:28

Big thanks to Bruce for the ride to Nagambie! Great weather and a big tick to all the Riders for making it an even greater day with a great social atmosphere and no Off's!!

Ron & Liz

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum