Yarra Ranges Ulysses
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday ride to Geelong...

Go down

Sunday ride to Geelong... Empty Sunday ride to Geelong...

Post by Placid Wed Jan 09 2019, 22:46

I was going to organize a club ride to Geelong for Sunday 20th Jan, but was told that the club rides are on the 2nd and 4th Sundays of any month, and that this months’ rides are already logged in to the ride calendar.
That won’t stop me. I’m still going to Geelong on the 20th January, but it now won’t be a club ride. It will just be a social outing for the day. Anyone that would like to come along, please contact me and we’ll organize a starting point etc.. I’ve already got a couple of keen starters.
Now, the reason for the trip.
When I was a teenager 60 years ago, on a Saturday night we used to line up at a caravan on a vacant block in Warrnambool. The queues were always long because this was where Kermonds hamburgers were made and sold. Eventually, they became so popular that the Kermond family built a shop for their burgers on the same block of land. The reputation for these burgers grew and it wasn’t long before they became fairly famous. I remember a great write-up by Bob Hart in the Herald Sun.
A few years back, a couple of young guys bought the business. They didn’t dare change the recipe for the burgers. But they were so successful that they decided to branch out from Warrnambool. While keeping the Warrnambool shop, last month they opened a new shop in Ryrie street Geelong, much to the delight of those many ex-Warrnamboolians that now reside in and around Geelong.
It’s no secret that I love a Kermonds burger. But now I don’t have to go all the way to the ‘bool to get them. If you want to try them, come with me on the 20th Jan. Let me know. We’ll probably head off at about 10ish.
Placid
Placid

Back to top Go down