Donation of Stamps and Ring Pulls for Charity

Go down

Donation of Stamps and Ring Pulls for Charity

Post by Henry Rokx on Mon Jun 04 2018, 17:25

On the way to Barmera, Marjorie and I stopped in Kerang to visit her cousin Philip. He’s heavily involved in Rotary and I was invited to do a presentation at their meeting about the Ulysses Club. During the evening I became aware of items being collected for charity purposes. These include old/new used postage stamps and ring pulls off aluminium cans.

The stamps are collected to raise money for fighting Trachoma. Trachoma is a bacterial infection that affects your eyes. It's contagious, spreading through contact with the eyes, eyelids, and nose or throat secretions of infected people.
The ring pulls are made of titanium and are needed for making artificial hip joints.

I woul like to ask if Yarra Ranges Branch members can collect these items and pass them on to me at Brunch Cafe or Kilsyth and I can send them to Kerang Rotary when we have enough to post. This would be an ongoing project. I have already sent one substantial parcel and hoping to send more. Donations would be gratefully received.

If any more information required contact me, Henry Rokx, on 0418 329 617

Henry Rokx

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum