Blue Duck 2013

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Blue Duck 2013

Post by Wrecksy on Tue Jan 22 2013, 09:08

Gerd, thanks once again for organizing a great weekend...Pam and I can't wait for 2014.

Cheers, Rex.

Wrecksy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerd on Mon Jan 21 2013, 20:53

Thanks very much, Steve, Henry, Shirley and many others, for your nice comments here, and during the trip. But it never is only a few people who contribute to such a great experience for everyone, and this time, in particular, it was all of you who made it so: You (ALL of you!) were a wonderful bunch of people – funny, clever (well, sort of…), co-operative, easy-going, good talkers and listeners, good company; we were all so lucky to be with each other this time! But I would like to thank Steve, Rex and Pam, and Henry for their help especially!
And does the trip not constitute a cross-section of all the best kinds of motorbike roads in our state? And wasn’t it great how we avoided “that” tree this time, Graeme?
As has been said in part already: This year’s Blue Duck Trophy was won by Ross Marshallsea and Shirley Murray-Taylor (gee, what a mouthful – it hardly fitted into the line…); runners-up were Graeme and Terri (with an ‘i’) Beardwood, with Henry and Marjorie Rokx coming in third. This means that Ross has now won two quite useless trophies (at least for this one he had to pay a bit…). It also means that quite a few of the group will have to come back again to have another shot at this achievement (for some, it’s going to be again and again and again…, it looks!). But there are other and better ways, too, I might mention; for example, offering the odd drink or other inducements to the judge/s in question (after all, bribery is not only typical for Indonesia, China or other such places, but is even done in Australia, albeit in more under-handed and sophisticated ways…). Henry, for example, tried his red Tyrolian Bowler Hat; perhaps if he had worn a pair of Lederhosen in addition, he might have clinched it, you never know!
Joking aside, though: The Blue Duck Trophy will be presented to the winners in a solemn ceremony in the next few days. And, as always, it will need to be displayed prominently during the year, and brought back dusted and polished to the 2014 Blue Duck event! (At this stage, I haven’t been warned that the cabins will not be available for the weekend 17-19 January 2014…So, let me know if you want to try again, or even if you want to join our illustrious group.)
Safe Riding!
Gerd

Gerd

Back to top Go down

Post by CanAussie on Mon Jan 21 2013, 17:12

Hi all!
Just wanted to say how much fun Ross and I had at the 6th annual Blue Duck (my 1st, and certainly not last) and were honoured to come away with the coveted Blue Duck title of 2013! (lol) It will be prominently displayed.

A round of big Thank You's to Gerd, being ride leader,organizer, chef and schnapps man extrordinaire!! Rex and Pam, Henry and Marjorie for their catering contributions,
and of course to Steve and Suzanne for doing tail end charlie.

The weather, roads(yes even all the twisties) and the company were second to none.
You are all a great bunch of folks!

Thanks again,
Shirley and Ross
CanAussie

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Rokx on Mon Jan 21 2013, 09:10

I concur with Steve. Another great weekend dished up by Gerd. Trouble free as well.
No rain, no wind, no wayward trees, just singed around the edges a little bit by the fires.
As always, the company was great and the roads as spectacular as ever.
Thanks ever so much to Gerd for another memorable trip. We will have to come
again next year to improve on our third place for the Blue Duck Trophy.
Very Happy Very Happy
Henry and Marjorie

Henry Rokx

Back to top Go down

Blue Duck 2013

Post by SED1 on Mon Jan 21 2013, 08:24

Thanks again Gerd for an excellent trouble free ride. Magic roads shared with great company..who could ask for more...actually we all did and this was provided in the form of breakfast and lunch at really cheap prices dished up by Gerd, Rex and Pam, and Henry and Marjorie.
Can't wait for Blue Duck Number 7 in 2014 where the road to Mitta Mitta should be sealed.
SED1

http://stephendolling@dodo.com.au

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum