1997 Yamaha Royal Star

View previous topic View next topic Go down

1997 Yamaha Royal Star

Post by ol smokey on Sun Jan 29 2017, 16:46

This bike is also advertised on the national Ulysses site.

I’ve been saying this for years, “I can’t see any reason why I’d sell this bike. It’s near perfect for me, goes well and tows a trailer with no problems, fits me just right, looks great and in excellent condition.” Unfortunately, my aging body and aching limbs now says it’s time to move on.
Now, most of you have already seen this bike, it is a 1997 Yamaha Royal Star XVZ1300 - an absolute classic of a motorcycle. The premium Yamaha cruiser of it’s day and built like a tank - solid metal everywhere - none of this plastic stuff. Solid triple plated chrome everywhere. 1300cc V4 DOHC liquid cooled, 5 speed including 2 overdrive gears, shaft drive, liquid cooled… the list goes on. Very advanced for its time.
Comes with: Classic tow bar plus loud air horns, Metzler tires 90%, 2x100watt driving lamps plus LED spots, stereo system complete with iPod full of great music, 12v and USB power outlets, heated grips, good effective windscreen, rider floorboards, large factory panniers, highway pegs, sissy bar, tool bag, clock, chromed lowers, etc etc. Has had a Barnett clutch kit fitted.
Regularly maintained and a great ride.
Approaching 140,000 Kms but these big V4 engines (based on the V-Max) just go on forever. Excellent mechanical condition for a 20 year old bike - you could ride it interstate tomorrow. I’ve ridden this bike over much of this great brown land with a big grin stuck to my face with never a problem, not even a flat.
The nitty gritty: Victorian reg til March 2017, Price $5,500
Kilsyth Victoria, phone Ol Smokey (Andrew) on 0419 538 075

And yes, I’m getting a Spyder next week. So shut up, get on the phone and bring a fistful of dollars for me, you won't regret it.
ol smokey

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum