The "Challenging" Ride via Jamieson. Twin Spurs 2016.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The "Challenging" Ride via Jamieson. Twin Spurs 2016.

Post by GuyW on Sun Nov 27 2016, 00:14

Nothing lame about it. Enjoyed the report. It captures the 'riding on the edge' feeling very nicely.
Well done to all who rode and survived!

GuyW

Back to top Go down

Post by ghost_rider on Sun Nov 20 2016, 21:34

Degzi was riding a Frigidaire and kept up. He's a great rider! Laughing
ghost_rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Scoresby Chris on Sun Nov 20 2016, 20:43

Thx Rowan for putting your hand up to lead a ride - a great ride too. Such a great road to hone cornering skills - And how beautiful is Jamieson looking at the moment. Great Ride and we were home in plenty of time for the Berrabri Cup! Cc
Scoresby Chris

Back to top Go down

The "Challenging" Ride via Jamieson. Twin Spurs 2016.

Post by ghost_rider on Sun Nov 20 2016, 19:55

Okay.. Lamer report than Guy’s of course!  Mister “Silver Tongue”: Meant as a total complement.
Thanks to the wonderful effort of all contributors to a magical weekend. I am in awe of the dedication of all the Committee and their selfless hard work.
Thanks to Chris and Pete for their GR8 support and expert TEC-ing.
277 kms of wonder! Eildon to Jamieson is maybe an hour and a half, and we all did better. None of the twisties are marked with advisory speed signs; just too hard, but MC warning signs.  It’s one of the best MC roads in Victoria to challenge and hone your skills.
Some wonderful views but if you look at them, you might come to grief. A superlative ride “on the edge”. I was worried that I might have held up some of the better riders, but they assured me to go much faster may have been suicidal. They were just being kind, I think!
At all times we were under the speed limit of 80 kph, but taking the corner with no recommended speed limit (but maybe about 25 or 35 kph) at more than double that, and maybe peg out. The right turns were harder with no clear vision of oncoming traffic and you might have to set the bike up and go left. Zen and the art of motorcycle riding. And a different order of concentration. No speeding on the boring straights later, unless you want a pointless ticket (I’ve copped a few of those!). Correction: My tickets always have points attached!!
All legal though and riding to what you are comfortable with. It’s not a race, and it’s playing an instrument to the best of your ability and trying to improve, through practice and humility. I have loads of experience, but not the talents of some, such as Mark and others who rode like humble maestros.
I think that we all must have “pegged-out” or fluffed a corner at least once! But no-one came to grief thankfully. It was, total concentration.
Then into Jamieson for some wonderful food and banter. So it was back the same way, or the long way around Lake Eildon: Mansfield, Alex etc. Same time and distance. The vote was a bit “Soft C…”. as the concentration needed on Eildon to Jamieson” was so great. But it was probably a wise decision.
Back safely after about 4 hours… and we didn’t get lost, unlike some. Thanks buddies for a wonderful experience. I hope that you enjoyed it as much as I! ;-)
Cheers Ulysses Cobbers!

Last edited by ghost_rider on Sun Nov 20 2016, 21:11; edited 1 time in total
ghost_rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum