New member intro

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: New member intro

Post by Chip Howitt on Tue May 03 2016, 21:43

Thanks for the welcome Kevin and Sheri.
The Rob Roy Hill Climb run caught my eye. I know I've been there but would have guessed that was late sixties or early seventies. But their web site states it was out of action from 1962 for 30 years after a bushfire.

Chip Howitt

Back to top Go down

Post by bikechickadee on Tue May 03 2016, 18:49

Hi there Chip

Scoresby Chris often hols a ride every Saturday going to the brunch cafe leaving at 8am SHARP from Shell servo cnr stud and ftg rd. He also (just last week) held a track day down at the Island pit you missed it but I'm sure he will run another one. YR branch also host a wide variety of rides and BBQ type social events with rides. Perhaps not so many in winter but there are still rides on all the same. On this website Scoresby Chris has further details about the Sat morning rides. Hope you can join the branch for some rides sometime soon !!
There are rides to suit every taste!! Cheers from Sheri (bikechickadee)
bikechickadee

Back to top Go down

Post by K2 on Tue May 03 2016, 08:56

Good to hear from you, Chip - if you do eventually settle in the outer east of Melbourne, you'll both be very welcome at Yarra Ranges Branch. If you are ever down our way & you want a taste, join us on any Saturday morning at Brunch Cafe 102 Canterbury Rd, Kilsyth.

Kevin White
President
0419 312 186

K2

Back to top Go down

New member intro

Post by Chip Howitt on Mon May 02 2016, 21:07

Hi folks
This is a speculative membership as the bride and I are looking to retire very soon and move back to Vic in the next 12 months or thereabouts. While we both love the idea of living somewhere around Healesville, we could just as easily end up back in West Gippsland. An acre or two, a creek to throw a line in, a shed to be banished to with my bikes. ... the list goes on.

Your forum looks like you have lots of rides which has been my primary involvement with the club for about 18 years.
I've also been interested in the occasional track day and our Orange NSW group has regularly made the Phillip Island annual pilgrimage - usually the Supers these days but in earlier the MotoGP.
Not too sure on the formatting as I'm using a very small android Samsung phone for this first post.
Regards
Chip
Orange NSW

Chip Howitt

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum