TATONG TAVERN RIDE.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: TATONG TAVERN RIDE.

Post by Hank on Tue May 03 2016, 16:40

Thanks for the good company and a good day out. Nice ride, nice lunch and only a bit of rain.

Hank

Back to top Go down

Post by bikechickadee on Mon May 02 2016, 20:02

Yep it was just like that for a bit!! Rest up and take care Fonze everybody would love to see u back on your trusty steed as soon as you are able. ☺ take care.
bikechickadee

Back to top Go down

Post by JOHN ECKHART (FONZE) on Mon May 02 2016, 16:44

Great stuff - that is what REAL bikers are made of.  Well done - fortunately I was not well  enough to be a starter.
Cheers FONZ.
JOHN ECKHART (FONZE)

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Rokx on Sun May 01 2016, 21:00

Great job guys, long and short ride. I'm really sad I missed all that rain.
Henry

Henry Rokx

Back to top Go down

Well Done

Post by K2 on Sun May 01 2016, 20:54

Good on ya, Sherie & others - I'm glad the day was worth it

K2

Back to top Go down

TATONG TAVERN RIDE.

Post by bikechickadee on Sun May 01 2016, 19:13

Hi all;

Some of us brave (or is that stupid ?!) riders decided to brave the elements &ride out to Tatong tavern this morning.
Most Ulyssians were understandably safely tucked up in bed or surfing the net.
I filled in for Henry to lead the short ride (my mum &my sister both yelling at me don't lead a ride today!!)
Four brave souls fronted up for the short ride: Paul, Hank, Gipp  & me.I have no idea how they hell we did it but we managed to avoid the rainfall and get to Tatong nice &dry!  We managed a short stop at Bonnie Doon for fuel and coffees &unanimously decided to push on quickly as the weather gods were in our favour. The sun even came out!! Got to the tavern at 11:40 and settled in to await the long route guys. The fire was stoked up and we settled in with coffee &soup to await the others.Long route was led by Bob Mc and there was also Tom; Ron and Gerd. I think they saw a lot more rain than the short route but they loved it!!
Lunch was great and Tom had a parma the size of Texas!
Others had chicken breast; roast pork & risotto all very good meals.
We headed back to Bonnie Doon and got there dry but the sky was turning an ominous looking black. Our good luck couldn't last and the heavens opened for about 25 mins as soon as we left Bonnie Doon roadhouse. The speed got dropped (you couldn't see!!) And everybody hung on as the winds picked up. The rain didn't last too long the roads dried out &the sun came out as we hit the outskirts of Yea. A coffee break &good byes at Yea. Then back home. Our short route distance topped out at 346km return. A good hit out for winter riding. Thanks to all the courageous riders who sucked it up!!
Cheers Sheri
bikechickadee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum