View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Snake route ride Wednesday 15th March

Post by JOHN ECKHART (FONZE) on Sat Mar 19 2016, 19:29

Now Now Now ... Tina .. it is not polite to ask
JOHN ECKHART (FONZE)

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Rokx on Fri Mar 18 2016, 22:55

Interesting report. Good to see people getting out and about.
Must have gone very quick to get to Tallangatta and back for lunch.
Might have been Toolangi perhaps - or is that the "spot the mistake" bit
to make sure everyone is reading the report?

Sounds like a great day. Makes it harder to think I was stuck at work - still.
Happy riding.
Henry Rokx

Henry Rokx

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinas_shadow on Fri Mar 18 2016, 16:13

Well Snake I have to say I loved your ride report. The B Doubles broke me up. And the photo of the bike......was it a Harley? Very Happy
Tinas_shadow

Back to top Go down

SNAKE ROUTE.

Post by JOHN ECKHART (FONZE) on Thu Mar 17 2016, 12:27

Well done Gavin (snake)  well planned ride - great roads and a good day - unfortunately one of our numbers had to complete the ride in a tow truck, but still had a good time - very thoughtful not to name the rider or identify his particular brand of wheels so as to save the embarrassment.
Pic attached.  -
 not embarrassed at alll ... just love it.
JOHN ECKHART (FONZE)

Back to top Go down

Snake route ride Wednesday 15th March

Post by Snake1250 on Thu Mar 17 2016, 11:59

Today..................... perfect motorcycling weather ............................crisp cool air to improve engine power with bright sunshine to improve visibility what more could we want so with my fellow 7 brave Ullysians we set off to conquer the Snake Root.
So we leave our ceremonial home Brunch Cafe in a cloud of dandruff and testosterone and headed straight to Mountain Highway to get those handlebars working then on to Sassafras, Olinda, Monbulk, Yellingbo, Woori Yallock which unfortunately was where we had to leave one of our mates behind due to an electrical gremlin but we remounted and moved ever onward to healesville, tallangatta, and ending at a rest stop at Castella...
Kelvin and Guy left the root at that point and that is exactly why the root stops at Castella for those who are time poor but for the remaining 4 Mark on the harley, graeme and gary on their B Doubles (Honda Gold Wing), we ventured forth to the St Andrews pub for lunch where the food was good but the jokes were appalling and then heartily fed returned to Melbourne via secret snake roads................we live to ride the snake route another day...Snake.

Note1 re the bike that broke down RACV total care sent two towies who made 100 % sure the bike was not scratched in anyway they arrived 30 minutes after the call being lodged so me thinks maybe I should get this 2
Note2 The snake route is a low speed corner focussed ride so if you are a little rusty ,lack a bit of confidence or are a newbie then this is a great way to improve your skills at whatever pace suits either way we had a ball!!! cheers Snake
Snake1250

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum