FULL MOON RIDE LAKE MOUNTAIN . FEBRUARY 20 th

View previous topic View next topic Go down

FULL MOON RIDE LAKE MOUNTAIN . FEBRUARY 20 th

Post by JOHN ECKHART (FONZE) on Sat 2 Jan 2016 - 16:43

Here is the info on the proposed ride to Lake Mountain.

On the night of Tuesday February 23rd, there will be a full moon. I am planning a ride to enjoy the experience of riding under a bright moon.
To make it more manageable for those who have to work the next day, I am planning to do a “Near full moon ride” on Saturday February 20th.
Leaving the BP service station in Montrose at 1900, we will ride to Warburton where we will have a 15 min break, before riding up the Reefton Spur, and across to the Lake Mountain Resort, arriving around 2100.
As the Resort will not be open, we will need to take our own refreshments. I plan to have a 60 min stop to have a cuppa and a bite, and to enjoy the location.
Leaving there about 2200, we should arrive at Maccas in Lilydale for a final cuppa around 2330.
I expect that we will be sharing the roads with other critters. It is important for each rider to ensure that they ride at a suitable speed to allow avoidance of any close encounters. Having said that, on the last occasion that I ran this ride, I only saw one rabbit and one wombat.
If anyone would like to join me, be at the servo, with fuel for 175 kms, and ready to leave at 1900.
If the weather is absolutely rotten, and doesn't look like providing a pleasant experience, the ride will be cancelled, and a notification will appear on the Yarra Ranges Ulysses site.

If you have any questions, you can contact me at smyth1100gs@gmail.com or 0407 853 707.
JOHN ECKHART (FONZE)

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum