Trevor's accident

View previous topic View next topic Go down

best wishes for your recovery

Post by bikechickadee on Sun Jan 13 2013, 18:29

Hi Trevor

So sad to hear the reason you couldnt make New Years eve celebrations was due to a bloody jetski!!
From reading the description of the accident it sounds like you reallywound up the worse for wear and the jet ski survived scot free. Mad No
And they say motorbikes are dangerous confused
Both Kevin and myself had many drinks on your behalf at NYE and we wish you all the best for a speedy recovery so that we can see you back riding your beloved red Deauville.
No more jetskis!!
bikechickadee

Back to top Go down

Re: Trevor's accident

Post by bruce j on Tue Jan 08 2013, 07:43

Good to hear Trevor. I know there are things you would rather be doing than recuperating at this time of the year but in the grand scheme of things, at least you are recuperating and relatively quickly. Must be all that healthy living.

bruce j

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Rokx on Tue Jan 08 2013, 07:38

Glad to see you are on the road to recovery. We will catch up after your return from Rosebud.
Henry Rokx

Henry Rokx

Back to top Go down

Trevor leaving Rehab on Tue 8 January

Post by Trevor Hudson on Mon Jan 07 2013, 19:06

Dear Ulysses Friends,
After the Jet ski accident on 12 December 2012, hospitalization to remove ruptured 7"section of large intestine, plus 11 days of rehabilitation, I am finally going home on 8 Jan 2013.
I will spend Tuesday night at home and then go down to Rosebud and stay with my father and sister till the weekend.
From next week I am allowed to drive and will return to attend two x 1.5 hour sessions of outpatient Physiotherapy & Hydrotherapy per week for 2 weeks.
I thank again all those friends who have sent best wishes and/or visited me in hospital.
I am feeling much better now and pain from my ribs and abdomen is taken care of with pain killers.
Looking forward to seeing you soon at the Brunch Cafe and then riding with you on my Honda Deauville from next month.
Cheers from Trevor. Very Happy

Trevor Hudson

Back to top Go down

Thanks for your concern from Trevor in Rehab.

Post by Trevor Hudson on Sat Dec 29 2012, 18:59

Many thanks Henry & Marjorie, Bob & Kathy, Keren, Rod, Bruce, Joffa, Chris, John, Martin & Michelle and the others who have visited or sent get well wishes by various means since my Jet ski accident on 12/12/12.
Following surgery on 20th December at Knox Private Hospital, I was transferred on Friday 28th December to The Victorian Rehabilitation Centre at 499 Springvale Road Glen Waverley. In am in the Banksia Ward in Room 18 and have a direct phone line 9501 8618, if you want to contact me. I expect to be here til Monday 7th January to recover from the operation and regain strength by doing physio each day. If you wish to see me, visiting hours are 10am - 8pm and free parking is available in the service road and at the rear of the Centre. However I suggest you ring first on the landline, or on my mobile 0409 433 543, to make sure the time suits.
Happy New Year to all from Trevor. Crying or Very sad

Trevor Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce j on Fri Dec 28 2012, 11:05

Good to hear of your recovery Trev. There is no such thing as a 'good' accident but I'm beginning to believe that accidents bring us in to medical attention that can sometimes save your life. It sounds like the damage to your colon may have been caused by the accident. One of Sue's brothers (not the one we'll meet in Jindabyne) had a bike accident and they subsequently picked up a cancer on his kidney that if left untreated, would have killed him. The point is now that you have both retired and had a 'Major service', we hope to see you around and in health for many years to come! bounce

bruce j

Back to top Go down

Your Accident

Post by Rod P on Fri Dec 28 2012, 09:08

Hey Trevor,
Well, a couple of comments regarding your accident.
Firstly, this is absolute proof that it's safer to ride a motorbike than a jet ski and secondly, this has to be the best excuse I've heard to get out of midweek bike rides before they've even started!
Seriously, I was concerned to firstly read of you being in hospital without too many of the details explained and then amazed to read your posting describing the circumstances and the ongoing problems you were having until you were finally diagnosed.
Obviously, it was then a rush operation to fix a dangerous medical situation.
Trust you are now well and truly on the mend and it's just a matter of time and rest to get back to a normal life again...to get off the jet ski forever and back on your bike.
I'll give you a phone call mid-January and see how you are getting on.
Best regards, Rod Park

Rod P

Back to top Go down

Update from Trevor in Knox Private Hospital

Post by Trevor Hudson on Mon Dec 24 2012, 20:29

Fellow Ulyssians,
Please accept my apologies for not being around to wish you a Merry Christmas, however I have recently been distracted with other matters.
Briefly on Wednesday 12th December, just 5 months after retiring, I was riding pillion on the back of son Andrew`s new Jet ski doing about 50-60km/hr off Carrum when we were both thrown to the left and fell in the water. I landed on my back in severe pain, but my son being younger and perhaps more flexible suffered no injury.
I was then struggling to re-board the Jet ski when a Police Patrol Boat came to our rescue and took me back to shore, while Andrew continued to play with his new toy for 30 minutes. It is not every day that one gets to ride on a Jet ski and in a Police Patrol Boat.
That afternoon I went to my Dr and X-ray results the next day revealed that the 8th & 9th lateral ribs were mildly displaced (fractured not broken.) As you know rest is the main cure for fractured ribs, but over the next 2 days as the pain from the ribs decreased, the pain from my lower left abdomen increased. So my Dr organised an Ultrasound and CT Scan of my abdomen, but he wasn't able to diagnose the problem and told me on Tuesday 18th December that I was to go to Knox Private Hospital immediately for further tests.
I was taken to the emergency department at 5:45pm and after much form filing out I was given a bed and told not to eat or drink anything. On Wednesday 19th December I had to drink various green tracing liquids and subsequently had a series of X-rays. But as the results were still inconclusive, on Thursday 20th December I was directed to drink an iodine tracing liquid and have another CT Scan. Just after lunch my surgeon got my attention by saying I was being operated on from 7pm that night.
After the operation I was then transferred around 11pm to another Ward and when I woke up the next day I was 7" shorter. Well my surgeon said a section of my colon (large intestine) had been twisted and thrown to the other side of my abdomen, so he had to remove a 7'' section of damaged colon. I am also left with a similar length vertical slit above my navel which was used for abdominal access.
I am now in recovery mode and will probably leave hospital on Friday, to spend a few days in Respite Care.
Many thanks to all who signed my card at the Brunch Cafe on Saturday and to those who have visited or sent get well messages.
With lots of Christmas leftovers to eat and unwanted presents to return, I don't expect you to visit. However if you wish you may Post a Reply on this Bulletin Board.
Hope you had a great Christmas and I am now looking forward to catching up with you all sometime in the New Year.
Cheers from Trevor Hudson, Warratah Ward, tel. 9210 7623
Knox Private Hospital, 262 Mountain Highway, Wantirna 3152.

Trevor Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Rokx on Mon Dec 24 2012, 09:06

Hi All,
Myself and Marjorie with Bob and Kathy went to visit Trevor on Saturday afternoon.
Trevor was not feeling the best after having a section of bowel removed. He is restricted
to eating only a little and only soft foods like jelly. He was quite happy to see us. He
will likely be in hospital for another couple of weeks. We passed on the card signed by
many of you on Saturday morning.

Trevor requested that there be no visitors until after Christmas and I would recommend
you call before visiting. Call Knox Private on 9210 7623. He is in Waratah Ward, bed W14.
You could also ring him or text on 0409 433 543.

Henry Rokx

Henry Rokx

Back to top Go down

Trevor's accident

Post by falcwood on Sun Dec 23 2012, 20:01

Has anyone been to visit Trevor Hudson & if so how is he going ?
Cheers Chris
falcwood

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum